[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - gear oil question
Stock talk about Solara

gear oil question

gear oil question

Postby TMMK Toy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:26 pm

I finally got around to installing Gabe's rear motor mount this past weekend. Or I should say my friend installed it. During the process I lost some gear oil when we removed the axle. We managed to find a plug to stick in to stop the leak but prob. lost 1/2 a quart to 1 quart. Anyway, after the install my friend looked around his shop and did find some 75w-90 valvoline synthetic gear oil for lsds. I'm wondering if this was ok to use. It's the same weight but didn't know if the lsd part is any factor. It's usually used on the rear diffs of S2000s he told me. I was planning to drain it all and refill with Redline MT-90 like I always run, as I notice the shifting is a bit stiffer in the colder weather. Is this bad that we added this fluid or is it ok for my tranny? Thanks, guys. BTW, E153 here if you didn't already figure that out.
TMMK Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: gear oil question

Postby mig0s » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:57 pm

If it's synthetic 75w90, it's gonna be OK no matter what brand. However, it is better if you drain it and refill with the Redline.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Solara OEM