[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 1999 Solara Horn issue
Stock talk about Solara

1999 Solara Horn issue

1999 Solara Horn issue

Postby LeonK » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:49 pm

Hello all,

So on my 1999 toyota solara, I've got a funny issue going on with the horn, and by funny, I mean it confuses me.

When I use the horn button on the steering wheel, the horn doesn't work. I checked the fusebox under the hood, and the horn fuse is fine, when the horn button on the steering wheel is depressed and I have the fuse box open, I can hear a clicking. I'm assuming the clicking is from one of the relays in there, though I'm not sure which one and in the owner's manual I don't see a listing for the relays, so I'm not sure which of those relays is the horn relay. So, when I use the "panic" button on my car fob(i think these things are called fob's, the unlock/lock thing that comes with the key) the horn starts going off, along with the lights, as one would expect it to.

So....this is why I'm confused. The "panic" button makes the horn go off, but the horn button only gets me a clicking sound. I'm unsure where to look for other info, other thant he manual, so I figured maybe you smart people could help me out. Is there more than 1 horn on the solara? If no, wouldn't the "panic" button go through the same relay that the horn button on the wheel does? If the panic button goes a different route to the horn, then does the clicking I'm hearing when the steering wheel button is pushed mean that the relay is bad?

This car has a few other issues, but I'm trying to tackle the simple stuff first, and work my way on to the more difficult things. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
LeonK
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Solara OEM