[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - I am planning to sell my Salara :(
Stock talk about Solara

I am planning to sell my Salara :(

I am planning to sell my Salara :(

Postby loveImports » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:09 am

Hey guys, I haven't posted here in a such long time.
But even though it hurts, I am planning to sell my Solara. I had way too many technical problems with her, but all of it is fixed. I had to change struts(front and rear), tires, starter, break rotors/pads for the whole 3 year I had that car, Plus a couple of accidents that I had to pay thousands of dollars on the body work. I mean, I got the car used yes, but still. Nobody should spend that much money on a car.
So I need a reality check, could you tell me how much I would get for my car? Like I said, the car runs real good and the body paint is descent. I only have 84K on her too. It was my first car lol it's like a first GF, it hurts a lot to let her go for too cheap.
Thank you guys, I appreciate the help in advance
V6 SE '99
All Stock

I Drive To Feel Alive
loveImports
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: I am planning to sell my Salara :(

Postby crispone » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:29 am

Sorry to hear that, and good luck with your sale and next vehicle!

You will need to post MUCH MORE information to get any kind of an accurate valuation for your car. Try taking pictures of various angles and as many of the "imperfections" as you can for us. We aren't likely your clientele, but we can give the most honest price-point to expect. LIST in bullets many of the points you already noted. Show a couple shots of interior dash/seats and under the hood. Trunk pics are always informative as well. We've already established that it's all stock, been in some accidents and repaired, and less than outstanding paint. It also has a host of "fresh" parts that have been updated or repaired.

You take it from there... (PICS!!!)

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby DriDed » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Try selling it at a range of $7000 USD to $8000 USD, that sounds reasonable to a foolish customer for a 99 Solara V6 with that much miles.

If the customer knows his stuff, he will probably talk you down to 5000 usd.

The KBB says your car is worth 4900+ usd to 6000+ usd.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby solaraqueen » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:41 pm

loveImports wrote:Hey guys, I haven't posted here in a such long time.
But even though it hurts, I am planning to sell my Solara. I had way too many technical problems with her, but all of it is fixed. I had to change struts(front and rear), tires, starter, break rotors/pads for the whole 3 year I had that car, Plus a couple of accidents that I had to pay thousands of dollars on the body work. I mean, I got the car used yes, but still. Nobody should spend that much money on a car.
So I need a reality check, could you tell me how much I would get for my car? Like I said, the car runs real good and the body paint is descent. I only have 84K on her too. It was my first car lol it's like a first GF, it hurts a lot to let her go for too cheap.
Thank you guys, I appreciate the help in advance

what do u mean exspensive, struts on a 10 yr old car normal wear & tear as for brakes & rotors starter tires give me a break, what u think u never have to fix thins, lol, as for body work thats what insurance is for, hell u fixed it & its ready for another 80,000 miles of abuse.....
solaraqueen
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Solara OEM