[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Question
Stock talk about Solara

Question

Question

Postby supraguy17 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Alright so as some of you know, my check engine light has been on since day one of ownership (~3 months), but today it went off and has stayed off. I was at the car wash earlier this afternoon, about 11:30ish, waited for about 40 mins in line and then when I went to start my car up to pull ahead into the wash, it wouldn't start. Luckily I had a friend with me who pushed the car out of the way and we continuously tried to start the car but it wouldn't. Ended up having another friend meet us there to jump start my car with cables, started right up and hasn't had any problems since. But the thing I noticed was that my abs lights are still on but my check engine light hasn't come on once since this event occurred and I drove quite a bit today to be honest. Just wondering if anyone knew what was up?? Thanks.
1998 Mistsubishi Eclipse GS-T: Too many mods to list.
supraguy17
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Question

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:32 pm

Ecu probably got reset due to battery being dead? So, light might come back on with a day or so. As far for the ABS light get new sensor(s) one or more may be damage and they are not cheap.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby supraguy17 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:15 pm

Yeah that could be it, but the thing is I just got this battery brand new less then two months ago..any chance it could be the altenater?
supraguy17
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mig0s » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:30 pm

when I had my honda accord my battery use to die when I'm DRIVING lol but only for like 0.5 second and everything returns to normal. It used to happen maybe once a month. Usually when you have these kind of problems, it's either the battery or the alternator. I think it might be the alternator in your case but sometimes and rarely it might be other little stuff like spark plugs and wires, ground wires, distributor, fuel pump etc. I say you don't have to worry now, but if it happens again in the next weeks then you gotta fix it:P

BTW that CEL will come back soon lol. What is it already?
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby supraguy17 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:41 pm

yeah I was thinking towards alternator because when I was trying to turn the car back on it wasn't doing anything besides making like a "clicking" noise. As far as plugs and wires I've been looking into pretty soon, Im at 115k right now and they haven't been changed before.
supraguy17
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:09 am

happened to me one time too with a new battery where it wouldn't start until the 2-3 attempt, and it'd start weak... turns out the battery wasn't screwed in tight enough so it wasn't gettin all the power. fail on my part but might be worth double-checking on your end.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Toyota Solara OEM