[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HELP Steering Wheel in bad shape
Stock talk about Solara

HELP Steering Wheel in bad shape

HELP Steering Wheel in bad shape

Postby SolaraMan7890 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Hey guys,

I'm gonna keep it short:

My steering wheel looks like crap due to wear and tear. I HATE those wal-mart steering wheel covers. Do you guys know any good quality, nice and slick cover for the steering wheel that doesn't have stupid graphics on it (eg. superman logo :roll: )?

Let me know if you know how to deal with this steering wheel issue.

Thanks,

-E.
2000 SE.
SolaraMan7890
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: HELP Steering Wheel in bad shape

Postby mig0s » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:56 pm

There are pretty good covers at Wal-mart. Mine is in black leather, and there's nothing fancy on it. It is really comfy and only ~20$ at wal-mart.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:12 pm

The only thing I would suggest for the interior is look at american-stitches.com for a wood and leather steering wheel. It makes all the difference in the world in the looks and the feel. It not the cheapest mod for our cars but its makes it so much more fun to drive. I have had mine for about 3 years now and I still smile when I get into the car to drive.

This is a message I got from an OG a few years back. I've never tried their products but seeing your post just brought this to mind. might be worth checking out?
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SolaraMan7890 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:18 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote:
The only thing I would suggest for the interior is look at american-stitches.com for a wood and leather steering wheel. It makes all the difference in the world in the looks and the feel. It not the cheapest mod for our cars but its makes it so much more fun to drive. I have had mine for about 3 years now and I still smile when I get into the car to drive.

This is a message I got from an OG a few years back. I've never tried their products but seeing your post just brought this to mind. might be worth checking out?

This option looks really complicated, but perhaps will raise my resale value a bit... Def something I will look into, as the part that is ripping for me is the part they will cut off and replace perhaps with a woodgrain piece (like the one already exists in a stock interior). The have to cut the wheel im guessing?

Wal-Mart cover? Really? Is it a good fit for our steering wheel? I don't want anything saggy... Perhaps just a plain black leather (tight) cover.
2000 SE.
SolaraMan7890
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraMan7890 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:20 pm

Not to mention, american-stitches.com is located in TX? I am in MASS so what am I supposed to use to turn my car if I ship out my current wheel.
2000 SE.
SolaraMan7890
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ThurzNite » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:20 pm

I've got a tan cover, it's yours for $10 if you want. Send me pm. I bought my car with the cover. I stopped using it and just reconditioned the leather on the steering wheel.
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:36 pm

Yes wal-mart cover is really decent. It fits perfectly but you need some muscles to put it on! I'll post a picture tomorrow for you!
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraMan7890 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:02 pm

Yea, I figured that what I was looking for would be a bit of a hassle to put on. I just don't want the thickness of my steering wheel to be quadrupling in size.

A picture would be great! Also the size (if any) and price would be great to know. If like what I see, I'll try to pick one up tomorrow.

Thanks.
2000 SE.
SolaraMan7890
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:20 pm

It does make your steering feel a bit more bulkier but in time you'll get use to it. same here got one from walmart fits perfectly.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Gregtrd » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:44 pm

I have an extra tan steering wheel for sale if your interested pm me.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SolaraMan7890 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:10 am

I will probably try to get a black leather one today.
2000 SE.
SolaraMan7890
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:16 pm

Took some pics for you. One of the best 20$ you can spend on your car lol. Especially if your interior is black, the leather steering wheel goes so well with everything.

mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:42 pm

I bought a Tan steering wheel made by BELL, it looks great on my car:

BELL also makes a black one I think.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SolaraMan7890 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:10 am

^^^^ HAHA I bought the same one! BELL. Feels really good. Only problem: How the hell do you get rid of the smell!!! :honda:
2000 SE.
SolaraMan7890
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraMan7890 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:13 am

Thank you all for your help, and pictures.... SolaraGuy saves the day once again. =)
2000 SE.
SolaraMan7890
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Toyota Solara OEM