[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Getting Noisy — Exhaust
Stock talk about Solara

Getting Noisy — Exhaust

Getting Noisy — Exhaust

Postby Sol-Toy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:10 pm

I've got a 2000 1mz with 135,000mi and the exhaust manifolds collector seems to be the noise making culprit. I haven't pin-pointed the leak exactly, and for all I know, it's at the joints or welds.

Anyone have any quick-fix or poor mans solutions to eliminate the noise? I could take it to the local muffler shop and have them hack it off and weld on a new one for cheap, but if I do that, I want the welds to at least last two years. A lot of times, the welding at those places don't last more then a couple of winters.

Is there wraps I can use? Anyone else notice the same thing with theirs at 135kish? It's a midwest/chicago car, so everything under the car has taken a typical winter beating year after year.
2013 WRX Wagon Premium in crystal black silica - current

2012 RAV4 S - Wife's

2000 Solara 1mz - sold after recording 160k mi

https://www.instagram.com/andygriesemer/
Sol-Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Getting Noisy — Exhaust

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:57 pm

Depending on where it is maybe you can try some header wrap. That will be able to handle the heat.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Getting Noisy — Exhaust

Postby DriDed » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:11 pm

Sol-Toy wrote:I've got a 2000 1mz with 135,000mi and the exhaust manifolds collector seems to be the noise making culprit. I haven't pin-pointed the leak exactly, and for all I know, it's at the joints or welds.

Anyone have any quick-fix or poor mans solutions to eliminate the noise? I could take it to the local muffler shop and have them hack it off and weld on a new one for cheap, but if I do that, I want the welds to at least last two years. A lot of times, the welding at those places don't last more then a couple of winters.

Is there wraps I can use? Anyone else notice the same thing with theirs at 135kish? It's a midwest/chicago car, so everything under the car has taken a typical winter beating year after year.

Get a JPP header to replace that stock exhaust manifold you got.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Toyota Solara OEM