[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - found a fix for a problem, thought i'd share
Stock talk about Solara

found a fix for a problem, thought i'd share

found a fix for a problem, thought i'd share

Postby deputylightning » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:17 am

hope this is n the right section if not maybe a mod can move it for me.

just got my 02, and since pick up, the air bag light and open door open light was on. with the open door light on the dash on meant that it stays on along with the ring around the key for starting, no matter if the car is on not and could run the battery down if its weak. also you could not lock the door while it was started and in any gear. that worried me for when the wife drove it for security if some one tried something.

found that mine was the sensor on the door jam of the passenger door.

i tinkered with the spring loaded door jam sensor or what ever its called.

un bolted it and the wire to the plug for it gives u hardly no room to work with. found that the system is a one wire system that uses the bolt that it is bolted in with as a ground. door open, the switch is un grounds and shows the door open and activates the dome light, dash light and so on. when door closed its ground is completed and light goes off on the dash.

found two ways to solve the problem:

unbolt and un plug and leave un plugged and leave sensor off or rebolt it for looks. this fix works as to show the door is closed all the times open or not. at least no more dash light

or if the sensor still working if u push it n hard by finger. then u can unbolt the sensor by 1/4 the way till its still on but u can close the door easy and the light goes off showing that its back to working condition. take a small piece of cardboard and wedged it in the middle of the sensor between the car and sensor inbetween the bolt and the spring loaded button. to make it were its not loose or rattling anymore. test it a couple times adjusting as u go until it works good for u.

solved my problem and hope it might help someone else.

now to fix the air bag light ? would love to be with out going to the dealer but the search i done seems that is the easy best fix
DeputyLightning - Ohio
02 maroon SLE v6
00 blk SVT Ford Lightning 5.4 supercharged moded beast build no# 3728
member BB's car club rated no# 1 n the USA n car cruise ins
deputylightning
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: found a fix for a problem, thought i'd share

Postby DriDed » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:00 pm

Thanks for sharing the info, this looks like a do-it-yourself article though. :D
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby stringbean » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:13 pm

nice man! ya if you do figure out the air bag id like to know, mine is on as well! same with ebrake light, gonna look into those soon!
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:41 pm

Is the airbag light on solid, or is it blinking? Solid could be another issue, but if it's blinking, chances are the side air bag sensor cable is loose, and for me it happens about every 5-6 times I have to slide the seat forward for rear access. When the engine is off, just tighten the connecting cables underneath the seat; it is the big yellow cable in the middle.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Toyota Solara OEM