[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2002 Drivers Seat Jack Screw
Stock talk about Solara

2002 Drivers Seat Jack Screw

2002 Drivers Seat Jack Screw

Postby bigmitch » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:43 pm

Trying to see in anyone knows the part number for the right hand jack screw on the drivers seat that moves the seat forward and aft. Seat only moves very little forward and aft, came to find the the gear that drives the jack screw is partially stripped and will only drive the seat a little bit. The gear appears to be apart of the jack screw where the flex shaft from the motor goes into.
bigmitch
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 2002 Drivers Seat Jack Screw

Postby ThurzNite » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:37 pm

I think I know what part you're talking about. My Lexus friend had the same issue in his sc300. The parts dept couldn't find the pn. So we ended up going to a junk yard. Have you tried looking here? http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q.html
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: 2002 Drivers Seat Jack Screw

Postby bigmitch » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:12 pm

Thanks for the info, I was able to get a complete seat assembly for $50. The seat is pretty much shot but I don't care as all I want is the seat track assembly. Heck it came with all the motors so if they work I consider it a plus as all I need right now is the jack screw. I talk to my local parts guy and the only way you can get that jack screw is by buying the whole seat track assembly which new is $1249 (OUCH). Oh well I'll switch out the jack screw tomorrow and if everything works good I'll consider the $50 well spent.
bigmitch
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Solara OEM