[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Ballast Replacement in pass headlight! Help
Stock talk about Solara

Ballast Replacement in pass headlight! Help

Ballast Replacement in pass headlight! Help

Postby jomo795 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 am

I have have the headlight out. The ballast connection to the headlight will not fit through the assembly for removal. Do I need to remove the leads in the ballast with a soldering gun? I started to remove the torx screws on the assembly thinking I may be able o get some spaciong, but stopped before I really screw up the assembly.
2008 Solara SLE Covertible, blizzard white pearl with tan interior and tan top. TRD FSTB, RSB, and exhaust.
jomo795
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Ballast Replacement in pass headlight! Help

Postby jomo795 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:33 pm

The connection that fits on the clamp comes apart and you need to remove the leads and slide them out through the assembly. Reverse the order to put the leads in for the new ballast.
2008 Solara SLE Covertible, blizzard white pearl with tan interior and tan top. TRD FSTB, RSB, and exhaust.
jomo795
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Ballast Replacement in pass headlight! Help

Postby 1gSE » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:41 pm

I'm not familiar with gen2's. Can you post pix?
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Toyota Solara OEM