[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - low idol
Stock talk about Solara

low idol

low idol

Postby solara love » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:51 pm

took battery out of solara to put in step son car to move he is getting cancer treatment put battery back in my solara and the idol is at 100-250 rpm. what happened or what should i do :bad-words: posting.php?mode=post&f=6#
solara love
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: low idol

Postby up2thedown » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:32 pm

just drive it, the ecu needs to reset & learn, turn it off for a while then drive & repeat a few times, should fix it........
up2thedown
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:36 pm

pretty sure you're car isn't idling that low...it probably wouldn't even run
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby up2thedown » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:39 pm

1gSE wrote:pretty sure you're car isn't idling that low...it probably wouldn't even run

ya they will run that low, i know mine has done it before, or it could be the idle sensor needs cleaned.........
up2thedown
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby amabsolute » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:14 am

[quote="up2thedown"]the ecu needs to reset & learn, quote]

it normally takes 5 to 10 minutes. I dont recommend driving it while its doing its system checks.......
IMG]http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq306/amabsolute1/crap-1.jpg[/IMG]
amabsolute
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby chriscarter » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:05 am

You may want to go back and make sure that none of the air or breather hoses came loose when you swapped the battery. Be sure all air hose connections are secure.
chriscarter

Postby up2thedown » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:27 pm

na your wrong, it takes it a few cycles to reset & re learn, been there done that........
up2thedown
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby amabsolute » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:38 am

The learning part takes the few cycles. The reset part takes 10 to 15 mins, computer does a systems check and makes sure everything is wihtin its parameters. But I could be wrong.
IMG]http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq306/amabsolute1/crap-1.jpg[/IMG]
amabsolute
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby thankmelater » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:47 pm

up2thedown wrote:na your wrong, it takes it a few cycles to reset & re learn, been there done that........

true about 100 miles at least. Couldnt get my tags cause of this. Took the battery out just so happened to go the next day for the smog and its unable to get any readings that were proper with out it all being reset took about 120 miles
thankmelater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Solara OEM