[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Inner tie rod end replacement
Stock talk about Solara

Inner tie rod end replacement

Inner tie rod end replacement

Postby 20solara » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:44 pm

Any body replace their inner tie rods themself, if so what size is the crows foot needed to break it loose? The new ones are on order, so i was tring to get the tooling while waiting. Thanks.
20solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Inner tie rod end replacement

Postby TadS » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:52 pm

I recommend getting the loaner tool from Autozone, or Advance. It'll let you get much better torque to the fastener to break it loose. I wouldn't want to risk rounding it with a crows foot. Not sure which adapter my kit takes for Toyota's, but being able to have straight line torque really makes it easier.

Something like this one.

http://www.matcotools.com/catalog/product/TRT50/INNER-TIE-ROD-TOOL-MASTER-SET/
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: Inner tie rod end replacement

Postby 20solara » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:09 am

Yep, i was planning on buying my own kit to remove them, but there are different size wrenchs in the kit, just wanted to make sure i got the size needed. Hate to spend $120-150 and find out it doesnt have the right size included. As for the loaner tool, ive read else were where people said the kits they loan out dont have the right size either, so they end up paying a shop to change them.
20solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Solara OEM