[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - CEL light is on need some help please
Stock talk about Solara

CEL light is on need some help please

CEL light is on need some help please

Postby rg456 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:27 pm

hey guys well my 03 solara 2.4l got a cel the other day so I took it to autozone and the guy diagnosed it as a catalytic converter malfunctioin. He also said that sometimes it says that but it could be the 02 sensor or exhuast manifold leak or actually the catalytic converter. Could you all help me out with this is he really telling the truth it could be one of those three and if he is how could I figure out which one it is? Thanks in advance for your help.
rg456
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: CEL light is on need some help please

Postby 1gSE » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:27 am

whats the code?
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby chriscarter » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:18 am

Very rare that a converter fails on its own except if it has been hit by something under the car. If the converter actually has failed, it was probably caused by another component causing an overly rich mixture. Check the code with another reader and go from there.
chriscarter

Postby rg456 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Ok guys sorry for taking so long to reply been busy at work but the cel code is P0420 the guy said cat stock up or bad o2 sensor is he right thanks in advance
rg456
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Solara OEM