[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 06 solara sport ground effects
Stock talk about Solara

06 solara sport ground effects

06 solara sport ground effects

Postby TRD73 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Good evening all, I was recently in an auto accident my front bumper is pretty much gone. My car is in the auto shop right now but the people at the body shop said that they discontinued the ground effects kit that goes on the front bumper does anyone know where I can get these replacement parts? I'm only looking for the kit that goes on the front bumper. I've tried doing some searches online but can't seem to find them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rodney
TRD73@hotmail.com
06 Solara SE V6
TRD73
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 06 solara sport ground effects

Postby kingkakyle » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:36 pm

go to dealer, they will have them
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TRD73 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:02 pm

I just sent an inquiry into my local Toyota Dealership so hopefully I will hear from them tomorrow, if all else fails I will checking out the local salvage yard
06 Solara SE V6
TRD73
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Black Bob » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:42 am

Toyota and it's suppliers still make stock replacement parts for every part of a Gen 2 Solara. Albeit the front effects ("fangs") are harder to get because Toyota either a) never licensed the design out to aftermarket manufactures or b) there was not enough interest in the aftermarket market to remanufacture them. Toyotapartscheap.com and other part websites previously re-sold the ground effects for Toyota but that is no longer happening which is probably why your bodyshop is saying their discontinued--their just harder to get, not discontinued. As king said--dealership is one option and as you, yourself, said--the junkyard is the other.

I'm not sure who's paying for your damages but whoever it may be should prepare themselves for a financial raping because any part of the ground effects are hella-expensive (last I checked in mid-2007 the cost was over $350 for each single piece :o ).
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Return to Toyota Solara OEM