[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Help Please...
Stock talk about Solara

Help Please...

Help Please...

Postby SteveSolara » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:52 pm

hey guys, I recently had this problem for about 2 days now, I've notice when i drive on the highway about 65-80mph it seems like the transmission is not going into gear and when i kept the rpm around 2,000 just cruising, its ok but when i start to speed up more it feels like it "laggy" or not shifting.

I've also been noticing my car is "laggy" a lot, especially when i hit the throttle from dead stop, it sounds like i am revving the crap out of it and not going as fast, when i first got the car. Maybe i have a leak somewhere? Anyone got any clue?

I have a 99' Solara SE v6 auto, everything is stock, except i have a short ram intake.

Thanks in advance :D
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Help Please...

Postby chriscarter » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:37 am

Checked the ATF with the engine warmed up? Is it low, is it dark, does it smell burned, when did you last change the fluid and internal filter? Did this occur after you installed the intake? Did you do anything near the throttle body? If so, check the passing gear kickdown cable after you deal with fluid issues.
chriscarter

Re: Help Please...

Postby SteveSolara » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:36 pm

chriscarter wrote:Checked the ATF with the engine warmed up? Is it low, is it dark, does it smell burned, when did you last change the fluid and internal filter? Did this occur after you installed the intake? Did you do anything near the throttle body? If so, check the passing gear kickdown cable after you deal with fluid issues.

Ok, Thanks a lot for the tip, i will take a look at it tomorrow
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Solara OEM