[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - An open post to the administrator...
Stock talk about Solara

An open post to the administrator...

An open post to the administrator...

Postby chriscarter » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:06 pm

Hello - Is it possible to split the categories on your site to appeal to those who actually want to intelligently discuss topics about our cars and engines....and those who are too lazy to do their own research? These magazine mechanics, poseurs, and 2-legged jackstands (and you know who you are) repeatedly ask the same questions, then dispute the answer because they want to do something they read about in "Pimped Out Family Cars" or "Performance Parts That Don't Really Make Your Car Go Faster" online magazines.

Don't get me wrong, there are a number of people who participate here that have great input and definitely make a contribution to the community....and those folks make the site what is is. It is the strokers who couldn't be bothered to do the slightest bit of research before expecting free advice to whom I am referring. These same people are the ones that argue with the very accurate and valid replies that they get on these pages.

So.....I suggest that in addition to your basic sections of Solara OEM, Aftermarket Upgrades, Tutorials, Forced Induction, and the like.....you may want to begin another section called "Stupid Questions That Have Already Been Asked Many Times". Whatya think, Mr Administrator?
chriscarter

Re: An open post to the administrator...

Postby ThatVietGuy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:40 pm

This has been a problem for years that's been getting worse lately.

Nothing's going to change. The people who are picking these cars up now are idiots who don't know how to search/use the internet nor have money to buy anything. Just reply to their stupid topics with a link to the search and be done with it. If they can't get the hint, they'll leave and we'll all be happier.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:49 pm

i also suggested to one of the admin to have the option that when keywords are typed in, similar threads would pop up, requesting them to make sure this is a topic that has not been covered before (e.g. 5 speed swap?, injen sri?, solara top 10 most ticketed cars, etc)

but having a section called "stupid questions" would be dope, provided that an admin would keep tabs and throw these threads in there because i doubt anyone would voluntarily post their questions under that section. the old sg format had a troll section that made for a lot of entertaining reading. or maybe we just need to flame on these kind of posts more instead of encouraging it...
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby chriscarter » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Wow, thanks guys. I figured I'd get flamed and tossed off the site for posting something like this...and didn't care if I did! It's good to know that I'm not the only one who has observed this annoying situation.
chriscarter

Return to Toyota Solara OEM