[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Charcoal canister? work?
Stock talk about Solara

Charcoal canister? work?

Charcoal canister? work?

Postby solara93 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:09 pm

hi, I've just replaced my charcoal canister on my solara 2000 3.0 v6. I wonder how to know if the charcoal canister works or not? is there any way to check the charcoal canister myself? Is it sth damaged (solenoid, vsv...) and causes the problem or just the charcoal gets old and breaks down? they charged me for an old canister 90 bucks and 2hrs working on it, totally $200 (the guy had to go look for the old canister and take it out from another car)
solara93
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Charcoal canister? work?

Postby kenny6683 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:59 am

usually it is not the canister that is bad...just the sensors on it

there are two...
i replaced whole canister on mine with new sensors. like $300 brand new from toyota seller on ebay
only way to test is by install and waiting for check engine light to appear. that means sensors are bad or lines are seriously clogged (which is a bit rare)
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Solara OEM