[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Squeaky Belt
Stock talk about Solara

Squeaky Belt

Squeaky Belt

Postby Solorange » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:23 pm

I noticed my accessory belt squeals a bit. Especially since its been colder out and it only seems to squeal when the engine is running below 2000rpm. I think I replaced the belt back when I had the timing belt and water pump replaced. That was about 85000miles ago. What would be causing the belt to slip? Is it just the fact that it may be stretched out a bit? Would replacing it cause the squeal to go away or this signs of a power steering pump or alternator going out?
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Toyota Solara OEM