[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Changed spark plugs not idles like chit
Stock talk about Solara

Changed spark plugs not idles like chit

Changed spark plugs not idles like chit

Postby thankmelater » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:39 pm

just changed my spark plugs to Ngk Ix Iridium from auto zone. It runs smooth when am on driving and during accelerations. But it idles like crap and turned off twice. As soon as i turned on my car it idled real quiet than all shaky. My check engine light is no longer on either after the install. These plugs dont mention having to be gaped so idk if that ha anything to do with it. If so whats the proper gap or what is the problem. Do they need to have like a settling in period or what? only drove the car about two miles so far.

thanks for any help
thankmelater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Changed spark plugs not idles like chit

Postby ACProductions » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:42 am

Iridiums don't ever and should never be gapped. They come pre-gapped and if gap is required to be changed it takes a very skilled hand to do it without the standard tool.

Have you checked all the other associated parts? Spark Plug Wires, connections, engine grounds, battery connections.

Usually if you have to replace spark plugs you should do them as part of a tune up so after the above list is checked, I would, in addition also check PCV valve, Air Filter, Interior Manifold (to determine excessive build up, and anything else you think of that is related to the ignition process. .
FREE CHILTON MANUAL

The speed at which a woman says "nothing" when you ask her what's wrong is inversely proportional to the size of the coming storm.

ACProductions
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Solara OEM