[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - normal fluid colors?
Stock talk about Solara

normal fluid colors?

normal fluid colors?

Postby born_again2510 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:03 pm

hello, I just received a 2000 Solara SE V6 5-speed manual with 125K on it. it is in great shape. here's the deal. Toyota has no service record on it from when it was first purchased till now. I have no idea what work may have been done on it. one of the normal things I think everybody does is get all the fluids changed out to be safe. here's what I'm wanting to know. what are the "normal" colors of the different fluids that the car uses. my brake reservoir and clutch fluid reservoir are both a green color. the brake fluid being slightly lighter in color.the coolant is red, not red/brown. the power steering looks to be a light color, maybe a slight bit brown, unless the color of the tank is throwing me off. and the engine oil is good and will be switched over to mobil 1 high mileage soon. can anybody provide pictures/video reference of what the (fluid's) should look like while its "clean" and good. hopefully this will be a good reference question for new solara owners down the road.

thanks in advance. :D
born_again2510
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: normal fluid colors?

Postby Black Bob » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:25 am

Trying to determine if fluids are good just by color (let alone visual) on a vehicle you don't know the fluid change history on is NOT a good way to judge whether the fluids are still good or not. It is always best to just change everything out with new fluids. Also, keep in mind that manufacturers don't all add the same dye to their fluids.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Return to Toyota Solara OEM