[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - *03 Corner HEadlight Removal, Help*
Stock talk about Solara

*03 Corner HEadlight Removal, Help*

*03 Corner HEadlight Removal, Help*

Postby Jeaoma » Mon May 21, 2012 10:38 am

Is it possible to remove the ember out of the corner lights from the 03 headlights making it clear?
i seen a couple of Solara around but idk if they are aftermarket or what-

I've heard of putting the lights in the oven for a few seconds so that the glue would soften to be able to open the headlights and so remove the unwanted shell leaving it completely clear -but for other cars not solara-
Jeaoma
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: *03 Corner HEadlight Removal, Help*

Postby mig0s » Mon May 21, 2012 12:02 pm

You can open the lens from heating the corners in the oven like you said, or you can just buy clear corner lights from ebay.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby KingKevin » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:58 am

I heard opening the corners was really hard compared to the headlights... youre probably better off buying them off ebay. They are like $60 for both.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-03-TOYOTA-SO ... 65&vxp=mtr
2001 SE V6

Injen intake w/ extension - Renova Grill - custom catback exhaust - 2 12" Kenwood subs - Tein s tech - neons - 8000k headlights - 3000k fogs
KingKevin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SteveSolara » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Blue txt wasnt a great idea, but yeah either DIY or buy them. If you got experience DIY is worth it.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 99Velocity » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:27 am

I removed the reflectors from my light and it came out looking really well (i have a 99).

1) pop the hood, ther'll be a little screw atop the main headlight holding in a little tab coming off the corner light, unscrew it, its the only thing holding it in other than tension.
2) unplug the light, for obvious reasons
3) put your hand on the corner light, and pull straight forward out of its hole, mine took a lot of "convincing".
4) take the bulb out
5) this part is up to your discresion as to the temperature and time, i put mine in the oven for 2-3 minuets at 180-200 degrees.
6) just pull the front lens off, but dont touch the chrome in there, its really sensitive after being in the oven. In mine, the reflector had 2 small snaps holding it in, yours is different year, so i don know about yours, but i just took a thin thin thin flatblade screwdriver and popped it out.
7) Put some clear or white sealant around the edge, put the lens back on, let it cool, then reassemble and you're ready to go.
99Velocity
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jeaoma » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:00 pm

thanks all for the reply,

**ssry blue txt color was a mistake lol**
Jeaoma
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby night-rider » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:26 pm

i tried so many time to take the corner light apart but it didn't work.
the clear ones are on ebay but i want the black and clear but the don't sell them with out the sat and its 400 dollars
night-rider
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Solara OEM