[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Door ajar alarm bypass?
Stock talk about Solara

Door ajar alarm bypass?

Door ajar alarm bypass?

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Thu May 24, 2012 10:56 am

Hey everyone i got a question that i cant seem to find anywhere. im want to remove, delete, silence, whatever you want to call it, the door ajar chime. is there a way to turn it off using some fancy method of buttons and turning keys or do i have to snip a wire or something??? i just want silence, yes it bothers me :D
02 5spd Engine scattered, working on a 3MZ S/C set-up
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Door ajar alarm bypass?

Postby corlon » Fri May 25, 2012 10:56 pm

you can remove / unplug the drivers door pin. doing so will not turn the dome light on or turn off your headlights if you leave them in the on position.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TLMNICK » Sun May 27, 2012 8:28 am

I don't find the noise to be that irritating....but then again, I don't sit in my car for long periods of time with the key in the ignition, and the door open.

With that said, you can just disconnect the key sense wire at the ignition barrel. After that, it'll only "ding" when you start the car for a few seconds, and then stop.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Tue May 29, 2012 9:48 pm

TLMNICK wrote:I don't find the noise to be that irritating....but then again, I don't sit in my car for long periods of time with the key in the ignition, and the door open.

i ve been waiting for someone to say that lol. i will take your advise and try find that wire, thanks
02 5spd Engine scattered, working on a 3MZ S/C set-up
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Solara OEM