[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - brake system
Stock talk about Solara

brake system

brake system

Postby ranger » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:01 am

First thanks for the forum, of like people re; Solaras; I've been dealing with a problem, can anyone help ? Last year this issue started. I would be driving 40--60 mph. Then everything running normal, then the car would start shaking in the front like unbalanced tires. It would get worse as I approached a stop. It would be so bad I didn't think I'd make it. I would stop at the gas station and get gas , there for 10-15 minutes. Once on the road again it ran like nothing wrong. This occured every time Idrove . I took it to a garage they kept the car for two weeks driving it , then replaced an idle arm ??. I picked the car up and drove it same problem , no improvement.I needed to give background . but long story shorter: I came to the conclusion it was the Calipers therefore I installed two new claipers , two new rotors, and pads. The problem went away for 7 months. Then it started again.about a month ago, I had auto zone get me two more calipers I installed the , two days later same problem the calipers not releasing normal. I thought well, it has to be the Master Cylinder not releasing the calipers. I installed a new Master cylinder good for two days, and on the way home from church I didn't think I was going to make.it. The wheels werwe so hot from forcing it to go and get home they were tinting with noise from being soooo hot. Could the booster cause this or has anyone had any experience with this ?? Any help will be appreciated Thanks Tony My email tonydiii@msn.com
ranger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: brake system

Postby GzNutz » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:14 pm

From reading other forums it seems the brake booster is a likely culprit.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: brake system

Postby jmhai » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:56 am

When you replaced the calipers did you change the rubber hoses too? They will delaminate and swell internally with age. Check them.....
jmhai
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Solara OEM