[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Sunroof won't open. :(
Stock talk about Solara

Sunroof won't open. :(

Sunroof won't open. :(

Postby rustyfella » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:13 am

Hello everyone,

I'm new to these forums. I apologize for not offering an introduction just yet, but I promise, after I get this posted, I will get that posted (albeit belatedly).

For now, I need advice from people who know Solaras better than I do. Mine is a 2000 Solara SE V6. I purchased it in April and to date have had virtually no problem with it. :) However, earlier today, the sunroof gave out.

What I mean is - the sunroof will tilt just a little (and very begrudgingly), but it will not slide open at all. Whenever I press the switch to have the sunroof slide open, I can hear the click (which should indicate that the motor is working - I think) (I hope so!) but it doesn't budge.

The car did not come with an owner's manual and so I have no troubleshooting resource. This is a major disservice for me, because I know so little about cars to begin with. :(

I apologize if someone brought this up before, but what some possible explanations? Let me state that I realize that this sunroof may not be a problem I can fix myself, but at the very least, if there's any necessary info I can pass on to the mechanic, that'd be wonderful.

Thank you for having me on your boards, and thank you in advance for any advice and insights. :)
rustyfella
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Sunroof won't open. :(

Postby GzNutz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:13 am

Can you assist the motor by trying to slide the glass back while pressing the open button? The track may just need to be greased.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Toyota Solara OEM