[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - EGR HELP
Stock talk about Solara

EGR HELP

EGR HELP

Postby english444 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:19 pm

My wife's 2000 Solara (100K) got a check engine light. Local mechanic said the code covers both the solonoid and the EGR valve, but he wasn't sure which it is. I talked to the dealer - the parts guy is very cooperative! - and he said it most likely is the solonoid, that he's sold a lot of them over the years but hardly the valve. I'll go with his diagnosis. It looks like it should probably be an easy fix. Has anyone done one? Let me know what's involved. Looks like a bolt and a couple of tubes to take off and put on the new one...Thanks.
english444
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: EGR HELP

Postby 1gSE » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:30 pm

I've never seen the solenoid sold by itself. Try unplugging it, disconnecting the battery and then hook everything back up before you spend money on one
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SteveSolara » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:09 pm

It's usually the one on the Intake manifold, you can just take it off and the solenoid and spray degreaser and run wire brush in it to clean the EGR valve off and for the solenoid just blow it out with air compressor and it should be fine. Be careful with the solenoid's sensor at the bottom that connect the the EGR valve itself when your taking that out.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby english444 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Thanks. Been out of town for a while. Came back and the check engine light is now off. Do Solara's fix themselves?
english444
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Solara OEM