[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New to board. New to Toyota
Stock talk about Solara

New to board. New to Toyota

New to board. New to Toyota

Postby hargate » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:32 am

Through some strange circumstances I recently acquired a 2000 Solara convertible for a song. The car runs great. SLE. Motor and tranny are smooth. 209k miles. Interior really decent. Car tracks pretty well and I can tell it was reaonably maintained it was just driven. ALOT.

I think I need a new top. it functions fine and does not leak but it rattles and shakes a bit when driving with it up and it has a few unsightly abrasions.

I plan on changing struts and seeing if there are any rebuilds that can tighten up the front suspension a bit. It seems tight but the age and some weird wounds concern me.

I need to replace the corner lights up front. It looks like replacements are about 60 bucks a set. the ones on now look like they have moisture in them.

There are some squeaky belts on startup.

ANy advice on these items is appreciated. Any mods that are recommended by most (not looking to build a hot rod here) like air flow, chip, mileage,etc. is appreciated. Also any major maintenance in this model that I need to check on or known issues this car has would also be helpful. Overall I am pretty pleased. This won't be a daily driver but I do want to get it right without going overboard
hargate
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: New to board. New to Toyota

Postby GzNutz » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:54 am

Welcome to SG!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: New to board. New to Toyota

Postby SteveSolara » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:47 pm

Welcome to SolaraGuy! And the Toyota Side??? LOL

Wow 209K miles, you got some maintenance to do.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Solara OEM