[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Warning lights stay on
Stock talk about Solara

Warning lights stay on

Warning lights stay on

Postby daman858 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:23 pm

My car is an '06 Solara convertible with 101K miles. It is well maintained and have never had any problems at all until.....
I was driving normally and my check engine, VSC and traction control lights all came on at once and now will not go off.

Any ideas before I dump a ton of money at the dealer?
daman858
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Warning lights stay on

Postby GzNutz » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:23 pm

I'd start by checking the fuses if you haven't already.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby daman858 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:48 pm

I checked all the fuses and relays which were good. We had a bad lightening storm here which I think may have effected the ECU. I disconnected the negative side of the battery for about three minutes then reconnected and problem solved, the ECU rest itself and warning lights have gone out. This car has been all over the country and has never let me down. I am Toyota through and through....also have a Tundra, Lexus convertible (wife's) and my kids have a Corolla and a Camry...Camry is a 1997 with 296,000 miles. My wife drove it for five years and my daughter drove it through high school and college and is still driving it.
daman858
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:36 am

Wow. Glad to hear you got it figured out.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Toyota Solara OEM