[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Ideas on improvong gas mileage
Stock talk about Solara

Ideas on improvong gas mileage

Re: Ideas on improvong gas mileage

Postby DriDed » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:40 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote:drive like Drided

You would be surprised that I don't drive slow all the time, I view stoplights like this:

Whenever it turns green at the stop light and I am in the front, I am usually the 1st one to get moving (I go right after a quick check); the cars and trucks next to me are usually a good second or two slower than my reaction time.

Of course I take off with a light foot but I never go so slow that I slow down the traffic (I also keep up with the speed of the traffic), I go fuel-saving mode with safety and consideration of others in mind.

I save gas by using the "instant mpg" display in the Solara, I try to keep the mpg above 30 mpg and minimize 0 mpg readings; I adjust my driving constantly depending on situation. That "instant mpg" display helped me a lot in saving gas while driving the Solara.

I have been getting over 30 mpg in all city driving lately, check out my records :D :

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/drided/solara
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: Ideas on improvong gas mileage

Postby dinoxor » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:40 pm

My injen sri did not help my mileage

However I think it is based on your driving habit

Windows up
Don't use a/c
Drive between 40-60 where efficiency is at its pinnacle
Look ahead and try to predict traffic lights to avoid stopping
Hills/slopes: trick is to give it a bit of gas before an incoming hill and to use that momentum to coast upward
Draft behind trucks on highway?

I remember someone mentioned on here that a supercharger will help your mileage greatly since the boost will help you coast

Correct me if I'm wrong

Good luck and keep us updated if you find a solution
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Toyota Solara OEM