[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Key Fob and Door Locks
Stock talk about Solara

Key Fob and Door Locks

Key Fob and Door Locks

Postby knowoneuno » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:14 pm

I have two original Key Fobs that came with my car. One has always worked perfectly, the other one, not so much. Every time I take it into the Toyota dealer to show them that it isn't working properly, all of a sudden, it starts working just fine.

Now I have another problem, my original and "good working" key fob is messing up. I thought it might just be the battery on it, so I replaced the battery and the guys at Batteries Plus showed that it is transmitting. Now sometimes when I "try" to lock my doors, the key fob does not lock them. Then, sometimes I try and unlock the doors, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem? I don't want to take it into the dealer, as I'm sure they will rip me off on pricing it to fix it.
knowoneuno
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Key Fob and Door Locks

Postby knowoneuno » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Nobody has had this problem? I really need to get it fixed.

Thanks!
knowoneuno
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Key Fob and Door Locks

Postby Jahfalif1165 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:02 am

i had the same problem
you need to re-program both of them while the car is still in "programing mode" i think its 40 seconds
all of the key fobs need to be re-programed at thins time or else they wont work
hope i wasnt too late

02 solara se v6 5speed
Jahfalif1165
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Solara OEM