[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2001 remote programing
Stock talk about Solara

2001 remote programing

2001 remote programing

Postby jrsat012001 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:35 am

Hello every one...

This a for a 2001 SEL solara,

Below is the original problem, but I think the thread was so old no one responded,

and an update, I took the car to the dealer to have the "experts" handle it... they said the remotes were incorrect, :agrue: which I "could believe" if I could get to the "programming" part....

So I will ask the "internet world" experts..... below is my original post form 9/18/2012

Re: Programming the remote and transponder key
Postby jrsat012001 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:45 am

Hi every one... first off this site is great... great info and sources

I purchased a "new to me" solara 2001 SEL and did not get any remotes...

I bought 2, so far so good.... then I tried all the programming methods I could fine, finally this one... (below) worked, "sort of"... in step 5, I get 2 lock unlock cycles from the computer, "before attempting to program remotes" .... and then it doesn't see the remotes... urrrg... reading blogs about 2 lock unlock cycles after programming means it did not accept the changes....

any help greatly welcome...

Regards, JR

1. Start with the following conditions:
a) Key is out of the ignition
b) Driver door is open (all other doors are closed)
c) Driver door is unlocked (other door locks don't matter)
2. Insert the key into the ignition (don't turn it) and pull it out.
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a)Using the power lock/unlock switch on the driver's door (with the driver's door still open and unlocked), perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. A lock/unlock cycle consists of pressing the power lock switch, followed by pressing the power unlock switch on the driver's door panel. Use an even pace and try to go relatively fast.
b)Close, then open, the driver's door.
4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a) Using the power lock/unlock switch on the driver's door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock, as you did previously.
b) Turn the ignition to "ON" (as far as you can go without cranking your engine), then back to "OFF".
c) Again, turn the ignition to "ON" (as far as you can go without cranking your engine), then back to "OFF".
d) Remove the key from the ignition.

5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should cycle (lock then unlock) automatically, indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.

6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a) Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter (the remote) simultaneously for 1 second.
b) Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, hit the lock button by itself and hold it for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should cycle (lock then unlock) once indicating successful programming. If the door locks don't cycle, or cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b, as this means the remote has not been accepted.
c) Repeat steps 6a and 6b for each transmitter that will operate the vehicle, including any old transmitters.
7. Close driver's door.
Cogito Ergo Zoom
OKANG
Regular SolaraGuy Member
jrsat012001
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Solara OEM