[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - dog bone install Help??
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

dog bone install Help??

dog bone install Help??

Postby GreenSolara01 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:22 pm

:crazyeyes: Just got the poly bushings for my car and I was able to get the 65mm pressed in, but then I got to thinking. Does that old collar have to come out? It fits but it is really snug. Any one done this mod pleases help.
I didn’t get around to doing the smaller rear one yet. It looks like it will have to be burnt out. Any tips on getting it out quick. I’m thinking MAP gas.
GreenSolara01
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: dog bone install Help??

Postby TRDSleeper » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:38 am

I recently did this mod a couple of months ago. It was more time consuming than expected. I'm surprised that you were able to press the larger bushing in with the metal collar still in place. I actually cut it off with a hack saw. The smaller bushing I had to burn it out and then cut off any remaining pieces. Finally I used a hydraulic press to press both bushings in. It took several tries to get the larger bushing in because it has such big flanges on both sides.
TRDSleeper
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby GreenSolara01 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:39 pm

that sucks...!

I guess I will get another one to pop on temp, as so I can do some serious work on that thing. That big one did go in but it closed up those holes in the side of the bushing. It didn't look right.

(just for the search feature)
DOG BONE
MOTOR MOUNT
TOP TORQUE MOUNT
GreenSolara01
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:08 am

Yeah, you need to go back and remove that. I did the same thing that TRDSleeper did.
I had to use a hacksaw to cut through the outer part of the big bushing. Good Luck!
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades