[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - E3 Spark Plugs - Proven better MPG, power, lower emmisions.
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

E3 Spark Plugs - Proven better MPG, power, lower emmisions.

E3 Spark Plugs - Proven better MPG, power, lower emmisions.

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:14 am

So I watched this automotive TV show (something I have my Tivo record) and it was talking about these E3 spark plugs, in the TV show when the guy changed his spark plugs in his newer (2008?) civic, he got 4 MPG better average per tank. They went to some college to test it and did their own tests and it supposedly fires alot more efficiently, creates a better spark, so the gas ignites faster, and ignites more of it, so you get more power, less emissions, and better fuel economy.

Advanced auto sells these for like 6 bucks each, worth the money?
I have 26,000 miles and haven't ever changed my spark plugs.

http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/
(Article on guy with new Camry that changed his spark plugs to these)
http://hubpages.com/hub/e3-Spark-Plugs-will-save-gas
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: E3 Spark Plugs - Proven better MPG, power, lower emmisio

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:10 pm

My dad is going to put these on his 08 Yukon and the DeLorean, I'll post what his results are.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TRDSleeper » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:33 pm

Cool! Let us know what you discover on those cars. I've been eyeing these sparkplugs and was going to try them but chickened out and got a set of Denso iridium power IK22. I'm supercharged so I didn't want to risk using some new spark plugs that no one on this forum ever used before. From what I recall, the tip is made of a combo of nickel and copper so that raise questions about longevity compared to iridium.
TRDSleeper
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DriDed » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:43 pm

You don't have to change your car's spark plugs for a long time.

My Solara has 48,600 miles on it and is still on the original spark plugs.

Going easy on the gas and keeping up with the maintenance is all you need to save gas, anything else is overkill; at least in my opinion.

You can look up the maintenance guide for your Solara here:
http://www.toyotaownersonline.com/Owner ... arch=true#

As for spark plugs brand, I really like the NGK, my dad says it is good.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:20 am

when i s/ced my avalon at 140k miles and changed my plugs to colder ones i found out i had oem plugs in, we never changed them in our ownership (bought the car with 50-60k miles) so i had the original plugs for 140k miles, my dads sienna just changed them not too long ago at same mileage as mine. not recommended i guess but works out fine lol
are avalons supposed to be this fast?
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:08 am

DriDed wrote:You don't have to change your car's spark plugs for a long time.

My Solara has 48,600 miles on it and is still on the original spark plugs.

Going easy on the gas and keeping up with the maintenance is all you need to save gas, anything else is overkill; at least in my opinion.

You can look up the maintenance guide for your Solara here:
http://www.toyotaownersonline.com/Owner ... arch=true#

As for spark plugs brand, I really like the NGK, my dad says it is good.

If you watch the stuff, it looks like a legit spark plug, Their civic got an extra 4 MPG, and they noticed a difference in power as well. Its a different design so the spark can go down into the piston, and not just out the sides (traditional ones block the spark going straight out).

I do keep up with maintenance to the extreme (synthetic oil changes every 4-5k miles, check tires 1-2 times a month, etc), I drive a ton now being in Fort Myers for school, going back to Orlando atleast once a month, so I think it should pay off within a few months of just those trips alone.

I havent talked to my dad in a while, ill let you guys know what he experienced with his spark plugs, though hes not that great about noticing the little things like that, besides the gas mileage (he hates getting 14 MPG in the Yukon lol).
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ahausheer » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Not sure if anyone is looking at this post anymore but.... I'm pretty sure any stated mpg or power gains are due to them comparing their plugs (new) vs the plugs they are replacing (old). They don't compare new plugs to new plugs.
ahausheer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Gregtrd » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:03 am

These suck when it comes to a supercharged camrysolara, I installed them on twinjets(Ryan) supercharger camry and it didn't take to long before they fouled up maybe 3months.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby PaulR » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:26 am

I tried these on my old car, a Chrysler PT Cruiser. Within a few months and a few thousand miles, the car was already missing. I got some nice Autolite iridium or platinum (can't remember which) and never had a miss up until the day I sold the car. The plugs are made extremely cheaply, and the plugs looked as if they had never been changed when I removed them. I tried them about a year ago, not sure if they have changed anything since.
PaulR
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades