[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - JDM Taillights
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

JDM Taillights

JDM Taillights

Postby timeforlegitness » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Sorry if this has already been mentioned before, but for my 2002 Gen 1.5 I'm looking into buying some JDM Black Altezza Taillights and I've found some on this site:

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/In-Pro ... B2/531830/

This is the cheapest I've found them at, at $162 but I don't know if I should trust the site. Anyone with info on this site as to whether they scam you would be much appreciated.

If I don't get them there, I'll just order them on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-1999-2003- ... B0037HBMJ6

But it's much more expensive ($200) and I don't even know if I should trust Amazon
timeforlegitness
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: JDM Taillights

Postby DSM_Lara » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:05 pm

Just buy my stock ones they are way better.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50634
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby timeforlegitness » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:22 am

Yeah I was thinking about those regular stock ones too, I just don't like the Euro-styled stock ones because I've always thought they look pretty fruity
timeforlegitness
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby timeforlegitness » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:29 am

By the way how exactly did you smoke yours out if I decide to go that route?
timeforlegitness
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DSM_Lara » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:41 pm

Night shade spray or Smoke vinly/tint is a better route in my opinion just incase if you want to go back to stock. I had the smoke lights installed for a couple of months but, decided to throw the stockers back on and all I can say I like it. Maybe I'll switch back to my tinted lights again. We'll see.

Anyways let me know if you want those stockers. It's a extra set I had on the side. Got a total of 3 sets. 2 OEM and 1 tinted. lol
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby timeforlegitness » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:18 pm

I was wondering if I could get some opinions on this, would the JDM ones or these carbon fiber ones look better?:

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/4-Car- ... YD/776267/

I basically want my tail lights to look exactly like this- on the site he says they're carbon fiber, but they look more like the JDM black ones to me.

http://car-q.com/plus/view.php?aid=92184
timeforlegitness
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:25 pm

eehh my personal opinion. i dont like both sets. they just look like huge bug eyes.i would rather keep the clean look
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby timeforlegitness » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:40 pm

well see i have the euro-style circular stock tail lights, so i don't really consider the look clean as is but i could always just buy some cleaner stockers
timeforlegitness
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby solara_kid2000 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:19 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:eehh my personal opinion. i dont like both sets. they just look like huge bug eyes.i would rather keep the clean look

agree 8)
solara_kid2000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby indiglosolara » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:27 pm

Solara = no JDM, only USDM... Stick to the OEM lights... all of those aftermarket ones on the market really don't look that good..
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby v6ondubz » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:12 am

im selling the carbon fiber ones :) .... im looking for 100+shipping but we can talk
ImageImageImage
v6ondubz
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby timeforlegitness » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:23 am

I've decided to go the el-cheapo route (at least for now) and just get VHT nite shade spray at O Reilly's. My question is, for the 02, tail lights, which are different than all other gen 1 stock tail lights, because of the circular part of the tail light having clear reflectors and the rest of the tail light being red, would the circular part of the tail light not be as dark as the rest?

http://frame.inetgiant.com/LinkExplorer ... UtYS5odG1s

my current lights are exactly like the ones at that link.
timeforlegitness
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Solarasian » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:19 pm

i would go for dsm's lights over the ur lights. and for ur question, i have no idea lol never used the spray.
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby supraguy17 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:30 pm

No it won't be lighter in certain areas. Take it slow and easy with the spray you only need about 3 or 4 coats to make the lights plenty dark enough. Best way to do it is take the lights out entirely from the car and spray them in a ventilated area free of dust and things and let them sit and dry overnight.
1998 Mistsubishi Eclipse GS-T: Too many mods to list.
supraguy17
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades