[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Acura CL lip questions
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Acura CL lip questions

Acura CL lip questions

Postby solara_kid2000 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:00 pm

yo so i juss saw the CL lips on the gen 1-1.5 solaras and it is freaken sexy i was thinking about gettin some for my 2000 SLE and juss had a few question.

1.What year CL does the lip have to be in order to fit?

2.Do you have to do any special mods to the lip in order for it to fit or do u juss put it on

3.If you do have to mod it a lil, wat needs to be done and how do you do it?

Thanks peeps I dunno much about cars and juss needa lil help :D
solara_kid2000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Acura CL lip questions

Postby Bluesolaradude11 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:40 pm

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42888&start=45

It's all explained in their...u use brick endings mount that to ur bumper which could b found in any local hardware store! I plan on doing this soon as well! :)
Nick 99 SLE: TRD Muffler, Injen CAI, TRD Lowering Springs, Renova Grill, 19" TSW Votrex, Black housed Head/corner lights

Bluesolaradude11
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mig0s » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:09 pm

If you typed exactly your thread title in search, you would find this thread I created 2 months ago with the exact same title :P

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50592
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby solara_kid2000 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:18 pm

Bluesolaradude11 wrote:http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42888&start=45

It's all explained in their...u use brick endings mount that to ur bumper which could b found in any local hardware store! I plan on doing this soon as well! :)

damn thats dope dont get me wrong but it seems kinda ghetto is this the only way to do it or is there another and also i read that you have to put two screws into the oem bumper dont really wanna mess with my bumper to much either thanks for the link tho very helpful
solara_kid2000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby solara_kid2000 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:16 pm

i heard that i could possibly get this thing molded on to instead of using brick endings but the lip would have to be adjusted and possibly reformed in order to fit and it would cost a real pretty penny
solara_kid2000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:06 pm

i used brick edging right now but i hardly have ground clearance because of how low i am, but the lip as the body shop my car is at and its getting custom work done so no modifaction what soever is needed to be done to fit the lip :)
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby Toy1mzfe » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:11 pm

you can just mount it on but once its hits something its gonna be ripped off. The brick edging absorbs impact and flexes as you go in and out of driveway. You can do either way its up to you but thats my original way.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby solara_kid2000 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Toy1mzfe wrote:you can just mount it on but once its hits something its gonna be ripped off. The brick edging absorbs impact and flexes as you go in and out of driveway. You can do either way its up to you but thats my original way.

wow never thought of it like that cool guess the brick edgings really holds the lip on to the car better
solara_kid2000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby mig0s » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:09 pm

I've mounted on mine on the bumper using 4 screws, 2 each side. Don't screw in the middle of the front lip, that way you'll have a little space to absorb shocks from scrapping.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby solara_kid2000 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:29 pm

cool will do oh and this is prolly a lame question but wat year cl lip do u have to get or is it all the same hhaha still relatively new juss trying to learn and expand my knowledge :lol:
solara_kid2000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:51 pm

97 acura cL type S lip
thats what mine says on the inside.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby bigknipp » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:16 pm

I dont see why its only been done with the acura cl front lip.. Im planning to buy a front lip for the 96-98 civic coupe. , Have searched everywere for measurments on the acura cl bumper and the civic bumper but nothing is found. however both cars are close to the same size and width so (hopeing) and possibly the civic bumper will fit with little modification.. and i plan to use the brick edging as well... Some one please post back with any ideas or what they think about the civic lips.
Simply Sleek Solara
bigknipp
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades