[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Who has done the bigger rear brake upgrade?
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Who has done the bigger rear brake upgrade?

Who has done the bigger rear brake upgrade?

Postby TMMK Toy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:10 pm

Just curious who here has done the bigger rear brake upgrade and what your opinions on it are/were. I need to do brakes here shortly and need to do something about my rears. Debating on whether to stay with stock sized pads/rotors or upgrade. FYI: I got a 99 camry v6. I believe the upgraded brakes are off of a gen 3 camry wagon v6 and consist of larger rotors and calipers but not 100% certain. Haven't been on this forum in months. Didn't know if you guys who have gone this route noticed any improvement in stopping as far as less front biased braking or best to leave the rears stock and just upgrade to a more aggressive pad.
TMMK Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Who has done the bigger rear brake upgrade?

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:53 pm

Just get better pads (i.e. EBC Red/Green, Hawk HPS, Axxis, etc.). The fronts are what are worth swapping.
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby mig0s » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:02 pm

i had a set from es300 wagon. They are pretty big compared to my 99 solara's reas.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:39 am

i don't have a camry or solara, but the avalon comes with the upgraded dual piston front calipers and im pretty sure bigger rear rotors too. car stops on a dime :)
are avalons supposed to be this fast?
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby a94autocamry » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:02 pm

remember that the tires also play a role in ur stopping power :)
slow white = "no show and no go"
a94autocamry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby stringbean » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:17 pm

my camry has dual piston fronts, but has pretty tiny rears (or at least i think so) and it stops pretty good (in summer, winter sucks) Tires do make a huge difference! but i drove my friends 4 door camry to mine and has single piston fronts and wow huge difference!

Dual's FTW!

dont know about my rears though, im gonna have to look into that now!
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Dawgz » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:17 am

get the rears from an older es300 they bolt right up and are awesome.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby TMMK Toy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:45 pm

I've gone ahead and just decided to stick with stock sized rears. Didn't feel like I needed the extra weight in the rear and went ahead and ordered some good pads at least. Going with CarboTech's street compound
TMMK Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades