[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - hooking up video to parking brake switch
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

hooking up video to parking brake switch

hooking up video to parking brake switch

Postby blackedout » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:11 pm

So i just got a touch screen deck that is capable of playing video the other day. I hooked it all up and it works great, but there is a yellow/blue wire that needs to be connected to some wire of the parking brake. Any help on which wire and how to get to it would be great thanks!
2000 solara black, 18's custom paint, green HIDs, blacked out lights, 20% all around, 2 12" kenwoods
blackedout
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: hooking up video to parking brake switch

Postby kingkakyle » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:19 pm

basically its a ground wire
i just attached it to any bolt on the floor
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby corlon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:31 pm

what brand and model number is it? if just grounding it all the time doesn't work you'll have to bypass it another way.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby blackedout » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:43 am

corlon wrote:what brand and model number is it? if just grounding it all the time doesn't work you'll have to bypass it another way.

it is a Dual XDVD700. It says on there to connect it to the parking brake switch because of the fact that it only works when the e-brake is up. So i dont believe i can just ground it but not completely sure
2000 solara black, 18's custom paint, green HIDs, blacked out lights, 20% all around, 2 12" kenwoods
blackedout
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby blackedout » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:49 am

i have a Dual XDVD700. I think that i need to actually connect it to the parking brake switch because of the fact that the video only works when the parking brake is up.
blackedout
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:10 pm

They tell you to connect it to the p-brake so that you can only use the video function
when the brake is engaged. It saves the company from liability.
You can ground it wherever you want.
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby blackedout » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:09 pm

Thanks!
blackedout
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades