[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2az-fe with OBX headers and stock exhaust?
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

2az-fe with OBX headers and stock exhaust?

Re: 2az-fe with OBX headers and stock exhaust?

Postby wkbrdr91 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:34 pm

kingkakyle wrote:o btw
if u get headers, u should probably do a slight retuning for you to get the full advantage
i know tacti when he had his jpp headers he had a splitsecond box

do you have any info on that? links?
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Slighty retuning as in a dyno tune?

This is the split second box:
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby kingkakyle » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:07 am

kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DriDed » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:08 am

It is not necessary for a tune but it is recommended, the most important thing is that the headers won't throw off any CEL (Check Engine Light).
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GzNutz » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:02 pm

I've got two of those boxes if you're in the market for one. They are identical units except one has a URD cover and the other is s/s.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:51 pm

GzNutz wrote:I've got two of those boxes if you're in the market for one. They are identical units except one has a URD cover and the other is s/s.

How much?

What exactly is involved in using these? Do i REALLY need it? I dont wanna throw a light. but i also dont wanna spend hundreds getting rid of it. If getting rid of the light is gonna cost hundreds ill just forget that mod.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kingkakyle » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:06 am

wkbrdr91 wrote:
GzNutz wrote:I've got two of those boxes if you're in the market for one. They are identical units except one has a URD cover and the other is s/s.

How much?

What exactly is involved in using these? Do i REALLY need it? I dont wanna throw a light. but i also dont wanna spend hundreds getting rid of it. If getting rid of the light is gonna cost hundreds ill just forget that mod.

the box new is 200 from their website
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Nicklez11 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:24 pm

I have the exact same setup. You will need to extend your sensor wires in both the o2 and the cat sensor. It isnt that hard. I did it all myself and i love it. But for the noise. Very loud my friend. Obx does good work and i have the exact headers for the 02 06 camry you are looking at. They will fit and they do add noticeable power. I think it was a great investment
Nicklez11
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby wkbrdr91 » Tue May 17, 2011 6:15 am

Nicklez11 wrote:I have the exact same setup. You will need to extend your sensor wires in both the o2 and the cat sensor. It isnt that hard. I did it all myself and i love it. But for the noise. Very loud my friend. Obx does good work and i have the exact headers for the 02 06 camry you are looking at. They will fit and they do add noticeable power. I think it was a great investment

Good loud or bad loud? did you get those boxes they were talking about above? Do you have a video of the sound?
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Tue May 17, 2011 7:21 am

Nicklez11 wrote:I have the exact same setup. You will need to extend your sensor wires in both the o2 and the cat sensor. It isnt that hard. I did it all myself and i love it. But for the noise. Very loud my friend. Obx does good work and i have the exact headers for the 02 06 camry you are looking at. They will fit and they do add noticeable power. I think it was a great investment

Does your car with the obx headers sound somewhere like this:

I have read that almost any headers will make the 2az Scion TCs sound raspy, I don't know if thats the case with the 2az Solara.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby j_dizzo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:20 pm

Just got a set of the jpp headers. Heard about the whole CEL thing, does anyone know the work around for it? Does the s/s box prevent it for sure? Thanks.
2007/Gen 2.5 SE Classic Silver Metallic 2.4L I4
8000K HID//Pioneer Avic-D1 Nav//PS 2 (Slim)/AUX A/V port//IPod/video port//K&N 69-8609TTK Typhoon SRI//TRD RSB/FTSB/Exhaust//LED Footbay Lights//2500K Fog lights//Mike T's Upper Grill
j_dizzo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades