[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - help with parts!
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

help with parts!

Re: help with parts!

Postby SoSleek » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:00 pm

parkc96 wrote:
rg456 wrote:where do you live we will show them dumb hondas what toyota is made of hondas are like roaches they are everywhere and when you kill one more come out lol

haha thats great man! To bad there are ZERO toyota camry/solara owners who actually do anything to these cars where i live haha.

BTW, that's a GOOD thing. I consider it untouched ground. More room for you to be innovative and show them something they haven't seen before. You will find that a lot of us here are in the same exact boat. I have never seen a modded Solara in my area, and I go to every single car meet/show I hear of. I'm not a guy to choose weather I like or dislike a car based on the brand. I look at the car, look what's done to it, see if it's well executed and done with a vision. It doesn't even have to be my style, but if it looks well done, and not tacky I give respect. If someone can't appreciate any well built car, no matter the brand, they are into cars for the wrong reason. Probably just doing it to make up for something else that is lacking...that's my take.
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby parkc96 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:14 pm

SoSleek wrote:
parkc96 wrote:yeah i would love to drop it but i live in SD and its a daily driver everywhere so that doesnt work in winter... and it has the splashguards also.

Hey man, I'm right next door (In Minnesota). This is no excuse. I am lowered almost 2" (not much, but enough to kill the wheel gap) and got around everywhere just fine this long winter (snow on the ground for 7 months straight). We got dumped on. A little snow, or chunk of slush isn't going to do much damage to a urethane bumper. Take a small risk and lower it. It's the best thing you can do for a cars look. Your locals won't give any respect if you're truckin around like that. :)

yeah im not so much worried about the bumpers as i am the splash guards... i dont want them dragging, and we r one of the last streets in Sioux Falls to get plowed so sometimes there's like 5 to 6 inches of snow on our street for a couple days.

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:39 pm

parkc96 wrote:
SoSleek wrote:
parkc96 wrote:yeah i would love to drop it but i live in SD and its a daily driver everywhere so that doesnt work in winter... and it has the splashguards also.

Hey man, I'm right next door (In Minnesota). This is no excuse. I am lowered almost 2" (not much, but enough to kill the wheel gap) and got around everywhere just fine this long winter (snow on the ground for 7 months straight). We got dumped on. A little snow, or chunk of slush isn't going to do much damage to a urethane bumper. Take a small risk and lower it. It's the best thing you can do for a cars look. Your locals won't give any respect if you're truckin around like that. :)

yeah im not so much worried about the bumpers as i am the splash guards... i dont want them dragging, and we r one of the last streets in Sioux Falls to get plowed so sometimes there's like 5 to 6 inches of snow on our street for a couple days.

splash guards are for trucks...that problem was easily solved :)
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby parkc96 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:49 pm

Mud guards, deflectors, whatever you wanna call them. They are the hard plastic OEM ones you could get when getting the car. look at the pics of my car you can see them.

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby rg456 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:24 pm

I have splash guards on my solara too I might take them off though cause I really want to lower my car.
rg456
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby parkc96 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:36 am

yeah i know it sucks having them on there! I wanna take them off but in SD those open holes from the screws are just askinf for rust... and my car has ZERO rust right now so i wanna keep it like that

parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:23 pm

parkc96 wrote:yeah i know it sucks having them on there! I wanna take them off but in SD those open holes from the screws are just askinf for rust... and my car has ZERO rust right now so i wanna keep it like that

You could use black silicone to fill the holes, or they also make push plugs, but that doesn't create a water-tight seal.
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby t3chnique » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:28 pm

parkc96 wrote:Ok, future plans are...
1. Air intake
2. Rear anti sway bar
3. Front strut bar
4. Lowering springs
5. Rims... (hopefully but its last on the list i wanna get better handling before worrying about rims).

And by the way man, your camry is now my inspiration (but it will be different and not a knock off) haha and btw does anyone know any forums that are specifically for camry's? i would like to join one if there is.

Thanks it means a lot! Your definitely on the right track with your list up there, in fact Ive had ever part on there. I always say lowering comes before wheels. Check out the 3rd & 4th Generation for Camrys on toyotanation.com for good maintenence and engine info

btw, SoSleek has the right idea. Just take off your splash guards and fill the holes with epoxy or some other. Don't let bad roads or snow stop you from achieving what you want
Tony the Tiger wrote:FWD = king of the streets with unpredictable pavement and road conditions.
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby parkc96 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:36 am

What kind of black silicone and where do i get it? i know its probably a stupid question but i figured i should make sure.

parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby parkc96 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:52 pm

Ok now im wondering something else... DOES ANYBODY MAKE AN EXHAUST SYSTEM FOR MY CAR!? i want a full exhaust/catback... help!

parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades