[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - help with parts!
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

help with parts!

Re: help with parts!

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:35 am

haha i don't want what i said to be misconstrued. I'm not raggin on anyone who got their cars from their parents. A lot of us are lucky enough to have parents hook us up with cars at an early age (my parents gave me a new corolla for my 16th bday), but in response to wkbrdrs comment about not having anyone decide what kinda car you get... i'm just saying the OP had said dad and mom won't let him get a celica and that's valid. and if I recall correctly, he had a similar situation. no harm meant to anyone. carry on.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby parkc96 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:00 pm

ya i get what your saying man. Im not sponsored by my parents haha i just got the car because my grandparents were getting a new corrola and my other car was junk so they gave me this. Im working with what i got. You guys have been alot more help than the people on siouxfallsracing.com where i mainly post because its close to where i live. All they do is give me crap for the car, but i like it so i dont care.

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jabraltar » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:11 pm

Tell them to go F*ck themselves
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby parkc96 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:37 pm

Basically what i do haha if i like it i dont see what else matters but you know some people are just jerks because they think they have cool cars... which around here r the stupid little honda's

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby rg456 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:00 pm

where do you live we will show them dumb hondas what toyota is made of hondas are like roaches they are everywhere and when you kill one more come out lol
rg456
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jabraltar » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:48 pm

rg456 wrote:where do you live we will show them dumb hondas what toyota is made of hondas are like roaches they are everywhere and when you kill one more come out lol

hahaha love it :D
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby t3chnique » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:27 pm

sounds like someone thought I took their comment personally lol. I didn't, I merely commented on your comment. Sorry for the threadjack
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby parkc96 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:01 pm

rg456 wrote:where do you live we will show them dumb hondas what toyota is made of hondas are like roaches they are everywhere and when you kill one more come out lol

haha thats great man! To bad there are ZERO toyota camry/solara owners who actually do anything to these cars where i live haha.

parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby parkc96 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:05 pm

And here are a few pics of the car, so far ive done:

Tinted all the windows
added stock spoiler
put on the cheapo o'reilly hubcaps :lol:
new muffler
trd emblem... thats it so far cuz im a poor little kid :( haha

parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:11 pm

^^A nice set of wheels will really spice up the look, the black tint looks great with the white paint.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Jabraltar » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:43 pm

yeah wheels would look great and maybe lose the NOS sticker...unless you actually have it :lol:
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby parkc96 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:48 pm

Ok, future plans are...
1. Air intake
2. Rear anti sway bar
3. Front strut bar
4. Lowering springs
5. Rims... (hopefully but its last on the list i wanna get better handling before worrying about rims).

t3chnique wrote:Thanks, nothing major really. Just took off the emblems off the trunk and lowered it about 3-3.5". It doesn't run 10s or anything lol

Honestly, I think lowering it is crucial to making a Camry look better. These cars have like a 3.5" front wheel gap and a ride like a boat. Some performance springs and wider wheels (17x8 or so) with decent tire makes a world of difference. Good luck!

And by the way man, your camry is now my inspiration (but it will be different and not a knock off) haha and btw does anyone know any forums that are specifically for camry's? i would like to join one if there is.

parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:52 pm

parkc96 wrote:
And by the way man, your camry is now my inspiration (but it will be different and not a knock off) haha and btw does anyone know any forums that are specifically for camry's? i would like to join one if there is.

This site is the best forum for Camry's in addition to the Solara, I have been to other Camry forums and the activity are considerably less in those sites compared to here.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby parkc96 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:41 pm

Ok thanks man!

parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:51 pm

parkc96 wrote:yeah i would love to drop it but i live in SD and its a daily driver everywhere so that doesnt work in winter... and it has the splashguards also.

Hey man, I'm right next door (In Minnesota). This is no excuse. I am lowered almost 2" (not much, but enough to kill the wheel gap) and got around everywhere just fine this long winter (snow on the ground for 7 months straight). We got dumped on. A little snow, or chunk of slush isn't going to do much damage to a urethane bumper. Take a small risk and lower it. It's the best thing you can do for a cars look. Your locals won't give any respect if you're truckin around like that. :)
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades