[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Want to get spacers! help!
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Want to get spacers! help!

Want to get spacers! help!

Postby freshdenamufcka » Tue May 10, 2011 10:02 pm

ok guys i hate to ask these noob questions but i just dont understand wheels and tires even after reading the fitment info. my current wheels right now are 18x7.5 +35 and 225/40/18 tires. im lowered on tein/tokico. i have some rubbing in the rear but im planning to roll my fenders soon. i wanna get spacers but im unsure how big i should go to get that flush look. i was thinking 25's in the rear and 10's in the front. what do u guys think?
freshdenamufcka
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Want to get spacers! help!

Postby t3chnique » Tue May 10, 2011 10:15 pm

15mm max for the rear. Anymore you will need negative camber. I used to be lowered on +25 on a 17x7, there was credit card clearance between fender and tire when I had people in the back.
Tony the Tiger wrote:FWD = king of the streets with unpredictable pavement and road conditions.
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby freshdenamufcka » Tue May 10, 2011 11:09 pm

ok thx. do you think 10 will be ok up front?
freshdenamufcka
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby t3chnique » Sat May 14, 2011 10:19 am

Umm it should sit pretty flush as it is, my friend has almost the same specs (+40 offset) and it looks flush. But he has a Camry, not a Solara
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Sat May 14, 2011 10:27 am

FYI, this is my car on Tein springs also. Wheels are 18x8, +40. Rear is flush with fender but it pokes a little in the front. I ghetto rolled my fender and still rub. But it is due to my soft/non-stiff suspension.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby freshdenamufcka » Sat May 14, 2011 2:23 pm

would it be better if I got my fenders rolled first, then measure the space between the tired and fender before buying the spacers?
freshdenamufcka
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby indiglosolara » Mon May 16, 2011 10:56 pm

freshdenamufcka wrote:would it be better if I got my fenders rolled first, then measure the space between the tired and fender before buying the spacers?

yes
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades