[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Kaminari Lip Kit: Ideas?
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Kaminari Lip Kit: Ideas?

Kaminari Lip Kit: Ideas?

Postby Jabraltar » Tue May 24, 2011 8:38 pm

So I've been looking for a lip kit pretty much since the day I picked up my Solara (almost a year ago today) and I haven't had any luck. KILLA CAM just informed me that Kaminari kits are on sale this week only, therefore I will be ordering one tomorrow night when my paycheck comes in.

With that being said, I was wondering how much money on average you guys have payed for your lip kits to be pro. painted, or if you guys have painted any of your lips yourself? Another question is that after 12 years of being on the road, will a paint shop beable to match my faded paint colour on the lip (or close enough to not stand out like a sore thumb)?

Also, do you guys think that I should go with the OEM paint colour like this...

I was also thinking of potentially doing a gloss black and getting the lower grille painted black to match?

Any feedback is appreciated! :drinking:
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Kaminari Lip Kit: Ideas?

Postby wkbrdr91 » Wed May 25, 2011 1:37 pm

Don't go black. It looks bad, might as well not do a kit if your gonna do that, cause you wont see it. Just take it to a paint place and have them match your paint based on how it looks now, or to the paint code but make sure your start taking very good care of your paint, make it like new (as far as possible).
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Wed May 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Stay with the original paint.... I think we have too many black solara on this forum already.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Wed May 25, 2011 1:49 pm

^^ He means paint ONLY the lip and grill black, not the whole car.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Wed May 25, 2011 1:51 pm

wkbrdr91 wrote:^^ He means paint ONLY the lip and grill black, not the whole car.

haha oopps.... Whats the point of having a kit if you cant see it anyways. :wink:
Here's a link showing how it might look like black.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=51382&start=15
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed May 25, 2011 3:35 pm

on sale wtf! whats the price they ususally go for almost 600 shipped
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby Jabraltar » Wed May 25, 2011 3:53 pm

After seeing that Camry with the black lip, I have 100% decided against getting it painted black lol I haven't seen any other sandrift metallic with the matching lip, so it looks like I will be the first (besides the TRD one up top).

And ToyoSolV6, the full kit is usually around that price I think. I'm having it shipped to a storage warehouse in Niagara Falls, New York so I can attempt to beat custom/duties on the way into Canada :lol: The full price for all 7 pieces and shipping comes to $572.xx for me, which isn't bad considering they're located in Nevada.
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jabraltar » Thu May 26, 2011 3:08 pm

So, I have more than enough funds for the kit, but I've been wanting to purchase a small fishing boat (14 footer) because I live 2 minutes from a lake with amazing fishing. Now I'm having second thoughts whether I should buy the kit while it's on sale, or buy a boat now instead of midway through summer. I think a boat would look nicer on the Lara over the lip kit anyways...:lol:
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu May 26, 2011 4:56 pm

Jabraltar wrote:So, I have more than enough funds for the kit, but I've been wanting to purchase a small fishing boat (14 footer) because I live 2 minutes from a lake with amazing fishing. Now I'm having second thoughts whether I should buy the kit while it's on sale, or buy a boat now instead of midway through summer. I think a boat would look nicer on the Lara over the lip kit anyways...:lol:

I would definitely go for the boat first.
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu May 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Jabraltar wrote:I think a boat would look nicer on the Lara over the lip kit anyways...:lol:

Are you trying to be like the guy with the ATV on the solara???
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jabraltar » Thu May 26, 2011 9:36 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote:
Jabraltar wrote:I think a boat would look nicer on the Lara over the lip kit anyways...:lol:

Are you trying to be like the guy with the ATV on the solara???

HELL NO!!!! Iol I'm looking at getting a hitch installed right now, therefore it will be towed behind the Solara :lol: I won't even put a coffee cup on my car let alone a boat or an ATV hahaha
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Fri May 27, 2011 7:05 am

Get the boat.
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby nemx20 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:51 am

I want that kitt!!!!

2000 SLE V6
    Injen SRI, Muffler
    K&N Oil Filter
    RP HPS 5W-30 Oil
    Yellow Fogs
    Smoked
    Plasti-Dip Emblems
    Debadged Trunk

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/LaraModz
nemx20
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ThatVietGuy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:02 am

Why would you bump this...
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:48 am

He wants that Kit. :D :lol:
My car is like a twin to that ad but, mines is black. Has the same decals on the side windows and windshield.
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades