[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gen 1 Body kit
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Gen 1 Body kit

Gen 1 Body kit

Postby BaileyDSolara » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:43 am

Decided to replace the front end of my Solara with a kit front bumper. I am going to put it on myself but am just questioning a few things....

1. where do the fog lights go if there are no spots in the kit I pick?
    2. Would any of you recommend a specific front end brand or type?
    3. Considering replacing the grill... or getting the factory one coated in black? I like the grilles that are metal fence like, but I don't see many on the cars on this forum. Is that considered tacky or rice-like. I understand the term rice but I bought this car in high hopes of getting some things done to it. I feel crazy cuz now it's at 160k miles but it's it such great condition under the hood. And honestly the other cars on the market don't catch my eye as much as my Bailey does! :)
I tried to look through the forums a bit but some of you used some terminology that I didn't fully understand! Like hid...I finally gathered was a light bulb??? lol

I was thinking of this: http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota/1999_2003_solara/exterior/body_kits/vision%20auto/visi00132880.html
BaileyDSolara
BaileyDSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Gen 1 Body kit

Postby TadS » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:24 pm

Unlike most here I like kits, but don't get a fiberglass kit. This is based on experience. They will crack sitting in your garage. Even the "good" ones.
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby srkovarik6 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:26 pm

I have this kit (still not installed to this day) :):

http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota/19 ... 80628.html

I'm not sure about the fiberglass thing, but my kit has been hanging around for a long time waiting for the car to be ready and it's still in good shape. I will say though, most of the cars around town with body kits look *torn up.* Be prepared to spend $$ on fitting and painting, unless that's your thing. It's not easy and requires expertise and equipment.
srkovarik6
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 505solaraguy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:49 pm

After extensive work with fiberglass kits i would say they have their ups and downs.

they look way better then those "lip kits which cost $800"(those are for pussy who cant do things themselevs)
but without proper equipement these are the biggest b**ches ever to install/sand/paint
also these kits aren't bolt on either so be carefull.
after there installed they wont "get dameged from sitting in your garage" but if you drive like a mainic your car will look like a maniac installed your kit. and fog lights can be installed with some bondo and fiberglass to create some fog light holes.

heres my kit: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3902361/2 ... ota-solara
505solaraguy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades