[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gen 1 Body kit ?s
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Gen 1 Body kit ?s

Gen 1 Body kit ?s

Postby BaileyDSolara » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:51 am

Decided to replace the front end of my Solara with a kit front bumper. I am going to put it on myself but am just questioning a few things....

1. where do the fog lights go if there are no spots in the kit I pick?
    2. Would any of you recommend a specific front end brand or type?
    3. Considering replacing the grill... or getting the factory one coated in black? I like the grilles that are metal fence like, but I don't see many on the cars on this forum. Is that considered tacky or rice-like. I understand the term rice but I bought this car in high hopes of getting some things done to it. I feel crazy cuz now it's at 160k miles but it's it such great condition under the hood. And honestly the other cars on the market don't catch my eye as much as my Bailey does! :)
I tried to look through the forums a bit but some of you used some terminology that I didn't fully understand! Like hid...I finally gathered was a light bulb??? lol

I was thinking of this: http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota/1999_2003_solara/exterior/body_kits/vision%20auto/visi00132880.html
BaileyDSolara
BaileyDSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Gen 1 Body kit ?s

Postby parkc96 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:14 pm

HID means high intensity discharge... now you know :)

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:24 pm

for a gen1 kit, try looking at kaminari. and you're talkin about some sort of mesh grill? i'm not sure what metal fence-like means.

peep this:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=50529&hilit=3+best+mods

it might give you some insight on whats out there and what our other members have liked about their mods.

welcome to solaraguy.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby TLMNICK » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:18 am

Welcome!

Don't buy a bodykit for the car. They're cheap, and ugly. Keep your stock bumper, and add the Kaminari lip kit. Lower the car a bit too, and you'll be all good. Plus then you don't have to worry about the foglights. For the grill....it'll be tough, but if you can source a renova grill, that'd be ideal.

Here's what the Kaminari kit and renova grill look like on my gen1:

The pics are old but you get the idea :)
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BaileyDSolara » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:23 pm

Hey thanks!
I wish I could just do the lip kit I do like the look of that-unfortunately my stock bumper is jacked up so that is why I was replacing it and cost wise I saw it was about the same to just do a front end of the body kit. I didn't realize my post would need to get approved before posting it so I did end up getting the VFiber one I posted. It is on it's way. Pretty nervous about installing it..but I'm also pretty pumped! haha! I'll have to post the before and after pictures. My car has such high miles I didn't want to put too much into it. But boy do I live the GEN 1 solara's. I honestly can't think of another car I'd rather have unless i payed a good 35k+ for one.... So anyways I hope this mod doesn't jinx me! Any other advice would be great. Once I get it I guess I'm checking if it fits and then sending it to get pained then putting it back on. I need to get the head lights that got cracked in the accident too still. I found 1aauto.com has the cheapest stock lights. if anyone has another site-lemme know.
And lastly, the driver side headlight and turn signal front light are cracked and as we all know the passenger headlight fades as it gets older... what does everyone advise me to do about that? should I go ahead and replace the 2 headlights and then one turn signal light..I'm lookin at another 90 bucks I think to do that.. I am a cheap modifier! Help me out! lol
BaileyDSolara
BaileyDSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 2000bluepearl » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:54 am

haha...yeah..just make your car like everyone else's on the forum...so they'll like yours :)
Just playing guys.. um.. I have the octane kit...its alright but hard to drive with...Plan on not using your stock fog lights anymore if you switch to that type of bumper.
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176062505781761#!/profile.php?id=1348235601
2000bluepearl
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby bakerstone1 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:44 pm

My front bumper got cracked also in a Truck Accident and I need to find the parts to replace it. I thought about going to the junk yard and seeing if I could find something that would fit, but I don't want it to look like trash either. I need to find something that is inexpensive but expensive looking.
bakerstone1
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby S.Z.-Alpha » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:31 pm

can you actually slice the kit a little bit do that it wont get knackered by speed bumps?
2000 Toyota Solara a.k.a "Goldie" SLE V6 //PARTS: TRD Muffler w/ Stock pipes, K&N filter, Tokico Blue Shocks w/ Stock Springs, Kenwood H/U with x4 JVC speakers(250x2 Front and 290x2 Rear) w/ JL 1000 watt amp.
S.Z.-Alpha
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades