[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Wood Frame painting over
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Wood Frame painting over

Wood Frame painting over

Postby solaracjc2007 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:08 am

I have a 2001 solara, just bought it in March, and its practically brand new.

The only thing I have not liked so far is the wood trim in the car, not my personal choice considering the car is white and the interior is all black, the wood vinyl is throwing it all off. I bought some good vinyl paint and taped off sections so that I could paint it black, but its just not looking how I want, I'm gonna take some paint thinner and take it off. I am considering buying a trim kit....but I can't find one that matches my Generation on ebay. Any suggestions on where else I could try or what easier was I could paint them?
solaracjc2007
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Wood Frame painting over

Postby Pogs » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:52 am

I do not know of any trim kits but I would suggest buying a cheap roll of stick on vinyl that you buy by the sheet. Then carefully lay it on and take your time.
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
Search and Win
Its a search engine that gives you random points to get free stuff they offer.
Pogs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ThatVietGuy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Code: Select all
http://www.solaraguy.com/search.php?keywords=trim+kit&terms=all&author=&fid[]=2&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Start digging.

And as always, SEARCH. It's there for a reason.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby BuddhaSLE2000 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:28 pm

Have you thought about sanding it down and painting it a different color? I think if you sand down the trim so the paint gets in better and spray paint them it would be fine. if the car is white maybe white trim to change it up on the inside. I never really looked at the wood trim around the car. It has a lot of potential to add character so doing it black like the trim wouldnt show detail or a change in anything. thats just my opinion.
BuddhaSLE2000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Solorange » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:43 pm

I pulled mine out and gave it to the body shop to paint when I had them paint my TRD lip kit. I can't see it costing that much, but if you have a white car im sure you can find some white spray paint to closely match it. You will have to sand it down and spray some primer on it so the paint will adhere to it. This is what the body shop told me because they had trouble just painting over the glossy finish. Check out my cardomain page to see pictures or do a search on SG as I posted it a long time ago.

My Car Domain Page See second page.
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby hari-bhari » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:38 pm

get a sheet of carbon fiber vinyl and use that. looks good if you have the black interior
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Mad_B_Rad » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:25 pm

i simply removed all of the trim and painted it with black diplicolor trim paint, and clear coated it. put it back using a quack drying epoxy.
Mad_B_Rad
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby epinkiert22 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:39 pm

I have black interior on my 99 and i got a roll of 3M carbon fiber vinyl and if you just take your time putting it on it comes out great
epinkiert22
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades