[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New viper alarm
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

New viper alarm

New viper alarm

Postby minig646 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:38 pm

I bought this factory refurbished viper 5701 alarm on eBay and it has a nasty habit of going off on its own a few minutes after being driven. It looks like a false reading from the shock sensor, which is a common issue with this alarm that I wish I had known about.

The person I bought from and the professional installer I used are both stumped, and Viper won't give me the time of day since I'm not a dealer. Can anyone help me with this? It's driving me nuts...
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: New viper alarm

Postby SolaraPete » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Are you saying the alarm goes off while you're driving, or a few minutes after its been driven, parked, and armed?
Have you or your installer verified that its for sure the shock sensor triggering the alarm by checking the alarm's last trigger diagnostics?

Need a lil more info to be helpful.....

:cheers:
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby minig646 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:16 pm

Thanks for responding- It goes off a minute or two after being driven, locked, and armed. My installer suggested it might be the shock sensor so I checked and the blue LED blinks twice indicating that the shock sensor did in fact trip the alarm. If I could just permanently disable the shock sensor I would.

Idk if it's worth mentioning, but the weather started getting much hotter here around the same time this started.
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SolaraPete » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:42 pm

Id suggest adjusting the shock sensor to the lowest setting (in case you havent already tried that) to see if that makes any difference. It's possible the brain needs to be moved to a different location to prevent the on board shock sensor from being triggered too easily.
Otherwise its unfortunately prob a bad brain unit. :agrue:
You can try arming it in "Silent Sensor Mode" which will only page the remote (not flash lights or sound the siren) when the alarm goes off to get you by until you can have it swapped...
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby minig646 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:55 pm

It's been on the lowest setting since I bought it... I might try insulating the brain with some foam to protect it from vibration. Unfortunately I do think you're right about the brain. I'll try to talk to someone at best buy tomorrow, as they're the only authorized dealer near me. Thanks
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades