[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Custom Catback Exhaust
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

New Custom Catback Exhaust

New Custom Catback Exhaust

Postby Jabraltar » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:33 am

I had this done a while back now, but my computer has been dead for a few months and I finally fixed it. I wanted to get my exhaust done, and my buddy has his own shop for welding. So, we bought a $100 Ractive muffler and he stole stainless steel street bike exhaust piping from his work :lol: He tig welded everything up and he even made his own stainless steel hangers for me.

I wasn't sure what to expect as far as sound, and I was scared that it would sound ricey as f*ck. After about 4 hours of repositioning, welding, etc. I finally got to take it off of the hoist to test it out. To my surprise it sounds like a god damn V8 muscle car now. When I hit the rev limiter it pops and sounds like a god damn turbo and when I take my foot off of the gas it pops and bubbles (my best explanation of the noise :lol:) but I am in love with it.

After it was done, I took it to my hockey game and all of my buddies were outside having some pre-game smokes. I took my sticks and bag out and put it about 3 feet behind my car. Everybody wanted to hear it, so I hopped in and revved it up and apparently my two hockey sticks blew off of the top of my hockey bag 8)

Anyways, I will post up a video of it soon and here's a few pictures of what it looks like (and yes I know it's round and does look a little rice and yes it is kicked out a bit but I like it).

Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: New Custom Catback Exhaust

Postby 1gSE » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:20 pm

vids! I think I mentioned it on someone else's exhaust thread...it's hard to f*ck up the sound of a 1mz.....getting rid of the resonators will do it. Stock size piping?
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jabraltar » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:39 am

Working on getting a video together I quit my job so maybe I will go out today and make a short one for you guys. And he opened up the pipe by a quarter inch I think. It completments the SRI real nice, almost hitting the same pitch when I have the gas pinned :lol:
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solarasian » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:55 pm

haha jabraltar! got one finally? please do post vids tho!
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jabraltar » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:23 am

Sure did! $200 all in for the muffler, piping, and labour. Couldn't turn down that deal and I'm still trying to find the good camera to make a decent vid. It will be up soon though!
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades