[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - so my window tint...
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

so my window tint...

so my window tint...

Postby timeforlegitness » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:16 am

Ok guys, I had my windows tinted about a month ago, made sure everything was legal of course. 30% LT (light transmittance) on the front two sides, and 5% limo on the back 3. I took pictures the day I had it done at the local shop, and I'm looking at it now and it doesn't appear to be nearly as dark as it was. Not a bad tint job so much, but it's looking more like 15% than 5% right now. Has anybody ever thought they were experiencing this with a tint?
timeforlegitness
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: so my window tint...

Postby mig0s » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:42 pm

15% is darker than 30%..
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:40 pm

^^^
timeforlegitness wrote:but it's looking more like 15% than 5% right now.

OP can't say I've ever had this problem. How was the day when you got it tinted? Sunny, cloudy? How about now when you're looking at it? Is the sun roof shade open letting more light in the car?
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby mig0s » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:55 pm

oh snap i misread:P well it's kind of normal for tint to fade out, but after years only...
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby timeforlegitness » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:20 pm

No, I didn't have the sunroof shade open when I'm looking at it as is or when I first had it done. It's sunny when I'm looking at it now, and it was when I first took a picture of the windows. I'm not positive, who knows it could be my eyes playing tricks on me. Nevertheless I'm going to find someone who has one of those machines that can tell tint and get it checked.. It contrasts really nicely with the pearl white though
timeforlegitness
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby wkbrdr91 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:36 pm

I bet you are just getting used to it. I am experiencing the same thing, till I look at "before" photos of when I had 32% all around (now have 5% all around)

Before (32%):

After (5%):

Once I get more money I plan to tint the windshield to make everything else a tad darker. Thinking of going 50%
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby timeforlegitness » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:53 pm

cleannnn, yeah i need to get mine re-done.... f auto tint design....
timeforlegitness
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ThurzNite » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:02 pm

OT: What's that gullwing in the back?
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:49 pm

ThurzNite wrote:OT: What's that gullwing in the back?

My dads DeLorean. Pulled out to go for its monthly drive. It's got 20,000 miles on it and is in PERFECT condition.

2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades