[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - my windows and tail lights
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

my windows and tail lights

my windows and tail lights

Postby timeforlegitness » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:31 pm

so here's how my car's looking as of now;

gone is the dull gray grille, in is the gloss black.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... 0261_1.jpg

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... C_0251.jpg

Here's the side of the car, tint int the fronts is 30% and the rear three windows is supposed to be 5%, but to this day I'm not sure that it is...

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... C_0259.jpg

Here's a rear shot, I love the tail lights. got them for $40 from this dude named Enrique. you guys think this is 5% tint?

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... 0256_1.jpg

tail lights on:

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... 0264_1.jpg

bottom line, I'm SO glad i'm getting to drive a solara in high school.
timeforlegitness
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: my windows and tail lights

Postby wkbrdr91 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Do you think that the tint is lighter than 5%? I have 5% all around, and I felt like it should have been darker than it is. You cant see in from even the slightest front angle, but when looking inside from a back angle, you can see the dashboard and stuff. And in some lighting you can see through the car from the back.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SPICA1750 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:45 pm

the front looks great!! tint also, nice job!! :sweet:
2000 Toyota Solara SE<aftermarket exhaust>
1995 BMW 525i..(sold)
SPICA1750
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:40 am

piempppppppppp
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby timeforlegitness » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:35 am

@ wkbrdr91, I haven't ever been totally sure it's 5%. I want to get it checked out by one of those machines, but I can't think of anyone other than a police officer that would have one....
timeforlegitness
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby wkbrdr91 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:58 am

timeforlegitness wrote:@ wkbrdr91, I haven't ever been totally sure it's 5%. I want to get it checked out by one of those machines, but I can't think of anyone other than a police officer that would have one....

Ya and I'm not sure if yours is legal or not, but my tint is NOT, so that's a bad idea for me lol. But if you ever talk to one just be like "hey I just bought this car used and the tint seems kinda dark to me, could you tell me if its a legal amount?" I'm sure any cool cop wouldn't mind pulling out their tint meter
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby srkovarik6 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:23 pm

Nice ride, I only have 2 suggestions for you.

1. Get some lowering springs and new struts/shocks. Best upgrade I've done so far. It was a new car.
2. Clear front corners would complete the look with those lights. I have the same taillights, and that little orange spot on the front killed me until I replaced them.
srkovarik6
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:42 pm

+1 for clear corners with those tail lights. There isn't very many of us that have them. I think they look outta place on my car with my wheels being black, but I'm not changing them until I have to
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby timeforlegitness » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:11 pm

went to an inspection shop today, said the tint meter can't be used for the back windows because of it being a coupe and all. I was thinking what are you talking about?? but whatever. i'm gonna consider getting the back 3 re-done, in texas they can be as dark as you want to the rear and it would help beat our constant 100 degree heat to get an actual 5% tint since i apparently didn't get what i paid for
timeforlegitness
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby zaior3684 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:05 am

Alright guys I know im kinda new to the site, but i actually know about this! Depending on how much light gets into your car, it makes your tint seem lighter or darker. That much is obvious. What some people don't realize however, is that if you have 5% all around, then it will look darker than 20% in the front and 5% in the back, because a lot of light is coming in from the front windows. Also it is possible that you had your sunroof open, or the cover thing inside the car was open. I hope that helps, I know my 5% is easier to see through than my friends, because i have 35% in the front but he has 5% all around. Also those taillights look awesome, kinda like the Scion tC ones. Any idea what they are called?
2000 SLE
[x] Tint (35% Front 5% back)
[x] Subwoofer (12in Kicker L7)
[x] Head Unit (Double Din JVC)
[] Exhaust
[x] Debadge
[x] Air Intake ( Built Myself :D)
[x] Plasti Dip Grill
[x] Plasti Dip Wheels
zaior3684
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member