[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Help choosing next mod
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Help choosing next mod

Re: Help choosing next mod

Postby wkbrdr91 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:22 pm

I am not too worried about it not working out. My total tire height isn't anything out of ordinary. In fact, the rims and tires were sold at a Toyota dealership and installed before purchase when the car was brand new (they had a customization area with misc. aftermarket accessories, rims of many brands, and TRD parts).

If I go with the lowering springs, where is the best place to buy it? TRDParts4u? TRDSparks?
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Help choosing next mod

Postby Jabraltar » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:27 pm

wkbrdr91 wrote:
Jabraltar wrote:You tow a small Seadoo jet boat right? I don't know if I would want to be towing a damn thing being lowered. I went camping last weekend and had myself, a front passenger, two passengers in the backseats and the trunk as loaded as it would go (almost had to jump on it to get it shut). I have/had 18'' Icons on at the time and the car looked lowered, in the back anyways. Long story short I'm driving down the road and hear a bang. I get the car home and my tire popped. The next day I put on my stock rims and found that my wheels were rubbing on my struts causing a 1 1\2'' hole. I couldn't even imagine dropping the car an inch and a half and then adding several hundred (possibly a 1000) pounds. Just some food for thought because I know how pissed I am to be rocking my stock rims right now :lol:

No I don't have a boat that I pull.

Are you lowered? That's not normal...

My bad I can't remember who tows the boat on here...thought it was you for some reason. And I'm not lowered could be my rear shocks or something though. I had a lot of weight so who knows. I'm not that much into my car anymore, so I'm only replacing stuff when it's completely kicked the bucket lol
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades