[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Final lowering advice
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Final lowering advice

Re: Final lowering advice

Postby parkc96 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:42 pm

wkbrdr91 wrote:
parkc96 wrote:do those go lower than the trd's? and nice man! 8) gonna be rollin like the big dogs now! haha

Ya they're about half an inch lower :) haha ya I'm excited to get rid of that 4x4 stance.

hey man whats wrong with the 4x4 stance? im rockin it lol just look at my signature haha :lol:

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:40 am

parkc96 wrote:
wkbrdr91 wrote:
parkc96 wrote:do those go lower than the trd's? and nice man! 8) gonna be rollin like the big dogs now! haha

Ya they're about half an inch lower :) haha ya I'm excited to get rid of that 4x4 stance.

hey man whats wrong with the 4x4 stance? im rockin it lol just look at my signature haha :lol:

Nothings wrong with it... how often do you take yours mudding? I understand leaving it that way to have the ground clearance of a Wrangler, I'm going off-roading for the last time this weekend :lol:
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby parkc96 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:34 am

wkbrdr91 wrote:
parkc96 wrote:
wkbrdr91 wrote:

Nothings wrong with it... how often do you take yours mudding? I understand leaving it that way to have the ground clearance of a Wrangler, I'm going off-roading for the last time this weekend :lol:

man i take it out once a week! haha :lol: that was a good one though.

edit: what do you think the mud guards are for? haha

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:43 pm

I look forward to the "after" pictures, your car will look sharper than ever with those Teins. :D
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby boostin4 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:00 am

yea looking for after pics and a ride to feel them.
so when is SG meet?
boostin4
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:22 am

We could always organize a brief one this weekend since I'm in town and freshly lowered if you guys are up for it.

Also, does anyone know how to take out the backseats? I believe this is necessary to do the rear springs... I remember seeing a tutorial on here on how to do it but can't find it anymore.

Edit: found it. Let me know if anyone wants the link.

When should I get the car aligned? Right after or a couple weeks after settling? I will be in Orlando for the weekend, springs go on Friday, then I have about 160 miles to drive back to school.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:08 pm

I am up a for meet, name the time and place haha.

I read that some wait till the springs settle before alignment, so you are right on getting one done after a couple of weeks.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:30 am

Lowering springs are on, it looks and handles REALLY nice, I didn't expect it to be this comfortable or have this big of an effect on the handling :) will upload pics tomorrow when its not pooring rain all day...
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:28 am

wkbrdr91 wrote:Lowering springs are on, it looks and handles REALLY nice, I didn't expect it to be this comfortable or have this big of an effect on the handling :) will upload pics tomorrow when its not pooring rain all day...

I am glad to hear that.

I look forward to the pics. :D
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades