[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - California Laws on Blacked Out Lights
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

California Laws on Blacked Out Lights

California Laws on Blacked Out Lights

Postby BuddhaSLE2000 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:07 pm

Does anyone know what the California law is on blacked out tail lights and headlights? I have seen a lot of people blacking out their entire tail light other than the reverse light. If that is left clear is that legal? Does anyone know?

It should be obvious I am looking into these custom upgrades but would like to at least know the laws before possibly bending them a little. I saw tutorials on here that look great so ill pick one or two and definitely give credit to those guys who did it and post my own pictures of my try. Just gotta know what the law says. Thanks in Advance!
BuddhaSLE2000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: California Laws on Blacked Out Lights

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:18 am

Don't know what the laws are, but I've had cops tail me and nothing happened. Just look for an opportunity to gently tap your brakes so he can see that your lights still show through the black, then you're good ;)
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SteveSolara » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:02 pm

Yeah, its really not illegal unless there is barley any brake light showing through , than its illegal and dangerous.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ThurzNite » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:36 am

You can black out the headlights. The taillights must be red and reflective red or white from 500 ft. I'll pull up the code if you're interested.
http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25950.htm

Do yourself a favor and don't do it. You're reducing your visibility, as in, other people can't see you as well, and you're more likely to get hit. It can be successfully argued if you're involved in an accident, you're at fault for reducing your visibility.

Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BuddhaSLE2000 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:40 pm

sweet thanks!! thats what i was looking for but i could never seem to find it. thanks a lot!
BuddhaSLE2000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SteveSolara » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Why is Cali so strict or maybe it just seems like it...hmmm
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BuddhaSLE2000 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:11 pm

basically all car mod laws are based off of possible distractions for other drivers. =/
BuddhaSLE2000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SteveSolara » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:29 pm

BuddhaSLE2000 wrote:basically all car mod laws are based off of possible distractions for other drivers. =/

Yup
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades